FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad RTD Readings with cFP-RTD-124

Presently I'm trying to determine if I have bad RTD's or if my cFP-RTD-124 boards are out of calibration.  I have a total of 20 SRTD-1 RTD's of various lengths from Omega Engineering.  They are connected to 3 prong uncompensated plugs which is plugged into RTD extension wire which runs to the cFP-CB-1.  I should mention that I have had these boards for over a year so technically they are out of calibration but this is the first time they've even been taken out of the box.  When I measure the resistance at the plugs and the screw terminals of the NI connector board I typically get 111-113 Ohms which according to my RTD conversion chart is around 85-100 degrees F for a room right around 73 degrees.  Reading the values in MAX I get temperatures from 76-79 degees F.  Can this type of variance be expected when connecting 3 wire RTD to a 4 wire board or is something else at play?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
LabVIEW 2016 - Windows 7

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,502 Views)
Highlighted

Hi MeCoOp,

Have you confirmed that your RTDs are wired properly according to the manual? It sounds like the values aren't correct going into the module.

Regards,

Hillary E
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,481 Views)