From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to View and Export tags through MAX, cannot find citadel database.

I have LVDSC 6.1 and I am running a continuous test with Fieldpoint Hardware. I am utilizing Measurement and Automation Explorer to View and Export my data to at text file. Intermittently I seem to lose connectivity to the Citadel Database, because I cannot view or export my data. MAX hangs up and does not allow me to do anything, so I must end the program using my task manager in order to regain control of my computer. I am only trying to view about 30 tags, and I set my time frame for about 2 hours. I am not even logging my tags for an obscene (.1%) amount of time. What could be the problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,500 Views)
Hi,

The behavior you have described most likely stem from your database, does the same behavior happens if you start a new database and try to export the data from there ?

Andre Oliveira
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,500 Views)
Hey Andre,

Yes it does.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,500 Views)
Hey Andre,

Yes it does.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,500 Views)
Hi, here is what I would suggest.

Make sure you have the latest version of Logos which can be found at:

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/954feaeea92d90918625674b00658b83/c1a484551a75614686256ae300734336?OpenDocument

In order to update the version the old version should be uninstalled before the installation of the latest one.
If the behavior still persists and it is not related to a specific database, please send me the following details :

- Operating sytem;
- how many tags the .scf contains;
- at what size of the database you obtain the behavior.

Having that I will try to reproduce it.

Best Regards

Andre Oliveira
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,500 Views)