From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An attribute of the project was changed

I am using LabVIEW 8.2.1 with the RT module to communicate with Compact FieldPoint devices. I have a project established which contains VIs for the host as well as others for the FP target(s). I have noticed that when I first open the project, the asterisk is present as though I had changed something (which I did not). When I try to close it, it asks me if I want to save the changes. When I click "List Unsaved Changes...", the only explanation I get is "An attribute of the project was changed."

Will someone please explain to me what that means and why it is happening?

Thanks,
David
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,468 Views)

I was having the same problem on a cRIO application. I did a mass compile on the LabVIEW 8.2 directory and that seems to have taken care of the problem.

Ed

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,459 Views)
Can't remember for sure, but I believe this was a known issue for LV RT 8.2 (and possibly 8.2.1); LV would claim that the project had changed when it clearly didn't since you are loading a project that you saved in that same LabVIEW. If I recall correctly, this has been fixed in LV 8.5.

J.Mota

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,429 Views)

Sweet Champions logo, Ed! I had heard news we were creating one for you guys. I had no idea is was going to look wicked-awesome.

And I'm lovin the quote about the Abort button. I shared that with some other AEs and we all had a good laugh. We appreciate you spreading the gospel of LabVIEW.

Cheers,
Emilie K | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,421 Views)

eek wrote:

Sweet Champions logo, Ed! I had heard news we were creating one for you guys. I had no idea is was going to look wicked-awesome.

And I'm lovin the quote about the Abort button. I shared that with some other AEs and we all had a good laugh. We appreciate you spreading the gospel of LabVIEW.

Cheers,
Emilie K | Applications Engineer | National Instruments

Yes, Jeffery and crew did a great job on the logo

I came up with that Abort button line while teaching a Basics class. It's something I tell all my classes now.

Ed Dickens - Certified LabVIEW Architect - DISTek Integration, Inc. - NI Certified Alliance Partner
Using the Abort button to stop your VI is like using a tree to stop your car. It works, but there may be consequences.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,312 Views)

Thank you, J. Mota for the upgrade suggestion. Although I have LV 8.5, I am not quite ready to upgrade yet for reasons that I will not bore you with. However, I will do it soon.

Thank you, Ed for the mass compile suggestion. I have never done a mass compile before but I tried it and it seems to be helping me in general. The project still awakens with the asterisk and the subject message but I believe I am on the right track because the project comes up much faster now. In fact, it comes up a little too fast because I can see a dialog box pop up for a split second probably telling me what it is trying to compile but it is too fast to capture. I believe this may be happening because I have shared variables in an unexpected subfolder.

I created a directory structure and project based on the new book by Peter Blume, "The LabVIEW Style Book". I noticed that my shared variables are not being placed quite where I wanted them. Probably if I could find the right location and mass compile that, it would work unless I don't understand how mass compile works. In my project folder I have been choosing Tools -> Advanced -> Mass Compile... then navigating to my top level folder where I keep source code and pressing the Current Folder button. If I need to do more or do it differently, please let me know.

David

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,241 Views)