FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After FP2010-FirmwareUpdate the StatusLED lits.

I tried to update the firmware of my FP2010. After some minutes the MAX showed a message that the update process aborted because of some not specified troubles. After this the read Status LED lit and i was not able to access the fieldpoint using MAX. The Fieldpoints Hardware-Reset the IP didn't change anything. Currently there's no Vi on the FP.

Thanks a lot..

sethos
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,145 Views)
Using the SaveMode switch i am able to access the FP, but in the SaveMode i am not able to instal the new LabView RT version. Is there somebody who knows how to handle the standing StatusLED?

Thanks

sethos
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,138 Views)
Hi sethos,

I have a few questions to ask to help me understand exactly what the problem is.
Which FieldPoint driver version do you have?
Which version of LabVIEW RT are you trying to install?
Which version of MAX are you using?

Have you tried the following:
1. Turn off controller
2. activate Safe-Mode AND IP Reset switches
3. turn on the controller
4. turn it back off
5. deactivate the switches
6. turn on again.

That should reset the IP address and reset the controller to a state that should be accessible from MAX to reinstall software.

If I understand correctly, the status LED stays lit continuously and you cannot see the controller from MAX.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,120 Views)
hi sethos

u should chek the following
table in attach

1.plz tell me the version of lab view and lab view real time u installed on ur host.
2.can u send screen shots of error or ur set up

i hav also encounterd the same problem but i hav over comed if u give answers of above two questions i will help u better

regards
mazhar
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,116 Views)
hi mazhar,

the LabView RT version is 8.2.1 and the FieldPoint version is 6.0.1. The FieldPoint version was an advice to instal of my MAX 4.4.
I also checked the formating procedure of the compact flash memory but therefor i need the "[c]FP-20xx Safe Mode 10.4 Update.zip" package to update the BIOS from 10.1 to 10.4.  this update procedure created that problem i have.

regarding the jpg-picture: the StatusLED stands still. the only advice in the user manual is to call NI for assistance 🙂

thank your for your interest and your help.

regards

sethos
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,106 Views)
hi mazhar,

you asked for a sreenshot of the error. I attached the screenshot, but this one is in german.

The error message contains the following hints:

The BIOS update procedure wasn't successful. This may happen because the system was startet in SaveMode or there is an error while writing to the Boot-Rom.
Please contact the technical supprort, if you can't solve the problem.
Software update aborted.

regards

sethos

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(7,101 Views)
hi Sethos

before doing this u should ask from NI
now u should reboot ur fp in safe mode and then right click on ur fp2010 in max then select
format disk this will delete the soft wares and iak files from ur fp then u configure ur fp and add soft wares on it

i hav also encountered same problem and this problem arises due to less memory on fp and invalid iak file so i done the aboe process and now my fp work

regards
mazhar
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(7,092 Views)
hi mazhar,

together with the NI support i discussed this way but this didn't worked. there is no chance to format the compact flash memory. One of the posts contains an link to a page where the formating procedure is described. To format the compact flash memory some requirements are needed. One of the requirements is the SaveMode-Update which initialy caused all my problems. Using the FTPClient i am able to delete some files from the comapct flash memory but there are still a lot of directories i am not able to delete. Deleting these files also didn't change anything at the StatusLED. Only to of the 4 LEDs named with A, B, C and D lit. The NI support wrote me that his is the sign for failing the boot procedure. Maybe i have to send the FieldPoinit modul back to NI.

regards

sethos
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(7,084 Views)
hi Sethos

if u have talked to NI then u should then send the module to NI
its the best

regards
mazhar
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9