FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8.2 DSC : Program Crash After 24 Hours on 'Read Traces.vi'

Hello,

I am chasing a problem in a LabVIEW 8.2 project. The project uses DSC and on a trending screen, I use the 'read traces' VI to read traces from the Citadel database to display on trends.

After about 24 hours of running, the program crashes with "Error 1025". The dialog box reads: "Error 1025 occurred at Tag \\My computer\UPP Tags\Hy-6022_Actual: Open VI Reference in CTL_hdProxyManager.vi->HIST_ReadNumericTraceCORE.vi->HIST_ReadNumericTraces.vi:2->ReadTraces(Numeric).vi:1->!Dash Reactor.vi"

Under "Possible Reason(s):" there is a lot of text, starting with "LabVIEW: Application Reference is Invalid"

I don't seem to be reading an inappropriately large amount of data (in the last occurrence of the error, there were only about 750 data points per trace displayed on the graph, representing about 1 hour of data. The program is running with no operator interaction during this time. The application is updating the graph and therefore running the "read traces" VI about once every 4 seconds. I have 175 shared variables. The PC is a very new, fast one :). Let me know what other data you might need.

I attached the main VI (there are a lot of support VI's too, but at least you can see the general idea), along with BMPs of the location of the error on the block digram and the error dialog box.

Michael
Michael Hampson
President
XL Automation, Inc.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,420 Views)
Hi Michael,

This was reported to R&D (# 4258E9IQ) and was fixed in LabVIEW 8.2.1. Upgrading to that version should fix the problem you are facing.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,404 Views)

Well isn't that TERRIFIC news? I just got the 8.2.1 update and I will install it today.

Thanks so much for the prompt reply!

Michael

Michael Hampson
President
XL Automation, Inc.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,397 Views)