From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

FieldPoint Family

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

32812 FieldPoint: The specified tag name was not found.

I know this is a common error, but I can't seem to find the solution. When I run my program from the Labview development environment, everything works fine.

I build the program and try running it from another work station, and I get the tag name not found error. I have the cFP backplane as a device in my project, but I must not be including something required when I build the executable.

I built another application that seemed to work, but I can't figure out the differences.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,956 Views)

Hi Josh,

Take a look at this KB for troubleshooting steps related to that error message:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/02EB73D02715981A8625682B00774F8F?OpenDocument 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,943 Views)

Kyle, I read that article before I posted. I am using a Fieldpoint IO point control in the program set to a default value. When I run the program from labview, it finds everything OK.

When I run the compiled program, I use the control to browse to an IO point. It shows it when I browse to it, but can't find it when it tries to read it later.

If I have imported an AIK configuration  into my project, how does that information get into the build? It doesn't list it as a separate file. Does it create a default AIK?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,939 Views)

Hi Josh,

If you run a VI in your FieldPoint project, or deploy the settings to the controller, the IAK settings will be downloaded to the FieldPoint.  If you have an executable, make sure you right-click on the controller and select Deploy All to configure the FieldPoint to the Project IAK settings.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,906 Views)

Hello,

I have somewhat different problem. Someone has already built an executable file of a fieldpoint application. The fieldpoint configuration IAK file was already imported into the labview project.

My question is, how can I get this configuration file separately?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,707 Views)

Hi Vills,

The IAK file should have been distributed with the executable.  You should be able to find it in the application files, either in the data folder, or some other sub-folder. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,695 Views)