Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seperate Board for LabVIEW Nuggets and Tips

It would be very good if there is a dedicated place in NI Discussion forum to share our LabVIEW thoughts, Post nuggets and other small tips and tricks which will really help other LabVIEW programmers to adopt a good methodology in programming with LabVIEW.

I understand we have LabVIEW developer community for these activities but am not a regular user of the community and most of the time I spend in Disscussion forum only and I beleive many others do the same thing. So a dedicated Nugget/Tricks/LabVIEW developement board would be very good

Advantages

• You can gather all the Nuggets and LabVIEW programming knowledge of many in one place so its easy to have a glance and learn things
  • Now Nuggets are posted in LabVIEW Board but mostly the LabVIEW board is used for problem solving so after a while they goes away and the other things comes at the top of it so if we are inactive for some time we miss them and its tough to see those threads
  • Its easy to share codes and it will become a repository of sample codes which will really help anyone

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 1 of 6
(6,540 Views)

Now that the Nuggets have shown their value they may be able to carry themsleves... so it may be time to do exactly that.

Early on I discouraged sepearting them since it could reduce the community invlvovement in replies etc. But now we may actully get enough pepole to subscribe to that board that it may work out nicely.

Thank you!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 6
(6,502 Views)

What about keeping them combined and including a "Nugget Checkbox".

Would enable people to include/exclude in the search.

At the end of the day, most of the resolved problems either become bug reports or knowlege knuggets anyway.

I have had some of mine become KB items.

iTm - Senior Systems Engineer
uses: LABVIEW 2012 SP1 x86 on Windows 7 x64. cFP, cRIO, PXI-RT
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,411 Views)

Ben wrote:

Early on I discouraged sepearting them...

Ben, where's your spirit for tagging? Have you forgotten so soon? Smiley Surprised

The StackExchange format is currently the best forum format in the world -- and it only has a single board. Here on the LabVIEW forums we have boards for every subtopic, whereas http://stackoverflow.com/ has a single forum for every single programming language. Tagging provides organization.

A board is a tag; albeit a mutually exclusive tag that hampers cross-pollination and knowledge transfer.

So... go forth and tag! http://forums.ni.com/t5/tag/Nugget/tg-p

Message 4 of 6
(6,381 Views)

@JackDunaway wrote:

Ben wrote:

Early on I discouraged sepearting them...

Ben, where's your spirit for tagging? Have you forgotten so soon? Smiley Surprised

Most of my tagging was done on weekends in my spare time. Since then I have been distracted with Faries, gliter and a little princess (well there is also the new past-times of growing my own food, teaching myself to shoot what I am pointing at, ...).

Little_Princess.PNG

Given the same choice I suspect you would go the farie route as well.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 6
(6,359 Views)

Ben wrote: 

Given the same choice I suspect you would go the farie route as well.

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,339 Views)