Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggestions

I am sure these issues have been brought up earlier - anyway I want to suggest

1. to improve the formatting of the Kudos statistics, right now it is not soo informative Smiley Wink At least the name should be visible (in full) ni.png
  2. to allow for a floating Idea Exchange as we had before; why not move it to the Discussions Forums, discussions in the Idea Exchange are encouraged, no?
  3. that we can start forums.ni.com with the Discussion Forums - that's what the name forums.ni.com says, I really don't care about the featured topics and it takes one more click to get me started

I also would like to inquire about the difference in the Idea Exchange status 'Under Review' and 'Under Consideration' - for me the difference is too subtle.

And I also would suggest to rename the category 'New' in the Idea Exchange to something like 'Unprocessed' - a suggestion dating back to 2010 can't really be considered new Smiley Wink

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
(3,782 Views)

Hello Wolfgang,

For points #1 and #2 we are aware of the suggestion and have captured it to our development backlog. We are tracking this and hope to implement it when priority allows.

For #2 it is possible to float an Idea Exchange board in the Idea Exchange category, in case you need assistance on doing this. You open the idea exchange, click on Options and choose float this item to the top.

For point #3, we could recommend you start or bookmark the following page so it will start off on the Discussion Forums: http://forums.ni.com/t5/Discussion-Forums/ct-p/discussion-forums

or using ni.com/forums will start you off in the forum category.

#4: Can you provide some insight on where you are seeing the Under Review and Under Consideration? You state this is in the Idea Exchange status, can you send us an example so we can take a closer look at it.

#5 This is something we can take into consideration.

Thank for you for taking the time in providing your feedback.

Best Regards,
Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,714 Views)

Hi Karina,

I am attaching a screenshot of the LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange.

IE.png

Thanks for taking care.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,705 Views)

Hello Wolfgang,

Once again we want to thank you for pointing this out. We have removed the "under review" status. The 3 ideas that were previously marked as under review are now marked as "under consideration."

Best Regards,

Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,688 Views)

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,685 Views)

In case NI is pondering what present to make its forums users let me suggest to increase priority of a floating Idea Exchange board Smiley Happy

Thanks!!

@Wolfgang wrote:

I am sure these issues have been brought up earlier - anyway I want to suggest

1. to improve the formatting of the Kudos statistics, right now it is not soo informative Smiley Wink At least the name should be visible (in full) ni.png
  2. to allow for a floating Idea Exchange as we had before; why not move it to the Discussions Forums, discussions in the Idea Exchange are encouraged, no?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,274 Views)

Hi Wolfgang,

It is possible to float an idea exchange board. Go to the board, click on options, and then choose "float this item to the top."

Is this what you were looking for?

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,259 Views)

Hi Lili,

I miss the possibility to visit https://forums.ni.com/ and see all of my favorite boards at the same time - this was possible before the "new" forum design. Right now boards can only float within their category, and since Idea Exchange and Discussion Forums are different categories I can't have them together.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,256 Views)
We are still tracking that request to have a single page for all floated boards. We will address it when availability and priority allows.

Thanks,
Lili
~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,253 Views)