Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow and unreliable access to the forum site

Thanks for confirming. Please let us know if anything changes.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 63
(1,328 Views)

Hi Lili,

one observation seen in the last two weeks:

Loading avatar images takes longer than the rest of the page. Most often I can already read a forum page (atleast all the text), but all the avatar images are missing for another ~10s. Most often I notice this on my own avatar image above the forum: I already see the notification count above a circle with just my name…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 63
(1,309 Views)

In addition to my last message this is how the forum looks like after ~20s of loading:

check.png

Right now the forum reacts really slow, even the dialog for including an image in the message didn't work as usual! (It didn't popped up to full size, I had to scroll to find the "Insert Image" button on the bottom of the dialog.)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 63
(1,292 Views)

Hi,

the forum is really slooow right now, waiting for "smetrics.ni.com", "forums.ni.com" and "www.ni.com" all the time…

Attaching this image again as right now I can only read "check.png" where I would expect the image:

check.png

(The image was embedded while editing the message, on reloading the page I only see the text.)

@Blokk: I'm working behind a company firewall. Restarting Firefox did help a little bit, but still it takes ages to load the website completely…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 63
(1,285 Views)

For me it works ok. Usual speed, like 2-3 sec to login, and about 2 sec to load a post. Did you try a different browser? Different pc? Or other network, like using your smartphone via mobile network for testing? 

My location: Germany, B-W. 

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 63
(1,281 Views)

Gerd - Thanks for the extra information. We are investigating this and will let you know when we have an update. As Blokk suggested, it could be helpful to test connecting to the community on a different network. It may be your company's firewall that is causing issues with loading the avatars from the CDN.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 46 of 63
(1,267 Views)

Today pages seems to take a very long time to load and sometimes I even get page load failures.

Is it just me?

0 Kudos
Message 47 of 63
(1,144 Views)

Fine for me (location: Karlsruhe, Germany).

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 63
(1,141 Views)

From the status bar at the bottom left of the browser, most of the time it seem stuck in "establishing secure connection". Not sure what that means.

Yes, it is intermittent. only a random fraction of the pages take a long time.

Sometimes the page loads relatively fast, but then the icon still keeps spinning for 10+ seconds "waiting for a secure connection".

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 63
(1,136 Views)

Today again things are occasionally very slow. I just got this page a couple of times. Sometimes is stays at the timeout page, and sometimes it takes a long time, shows the timeout page, and then proceeds to the original link within 2 seconds automatically.

0 Kudos
Message 50 of 63
(1,115 Views)