From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You have been blocked." NI Forum posting

I am unsure why but I cannot publish a specific question to this forum without being redirected to a "You have been blocked. You cannot access ni.com" page. 

I'm unsure why this post works, and it makes me believe it has something to do with my attachments or some string of text in the body itself. I don't have any code snippets in the original post I attempted to publish and I quote any error codes for the sake of information sharing in the body of the post itself. 

Does anyone know why this is happening? I've never even posted here before so I can't imagine I'm blocked for any kind of spam purposes. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,504 Views)

Hmmm, you're not new, you've posted before, and they were legit posts, sooo... I don't know.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,499 Views)

Oh you're right, I had forgotten that I posted a separate question within the last year. The original post included a quoted error which might have some string of text that triggers some background checking program and makes it believe I'm typing code into my post? Or maybe there is something wrong with the way my attachments (two screenshots of my issues) are named might have caused it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,494 Views)

So I did get the post to finally work, and it does appear that I was typing something to trigger the system into thinking I was posting something malicious I guess? I removed all file extensions so anything with "dot" whatever. I was describing a filename at one point using * wildcards and I instead changed that to #. I had a function name with the parentheses included, I removed those. I also removed all mention of the abbreviation for server query language and removed any carriage returns from my quoted error message. I'm not sure which one of these issue was the actual one but it seems silly that any of these would trigger some kind of "threat" response from the system. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,478 Views)

If you remember exactly what you originally wrote, maybe the moderators can do an analysis and adjust the filters accordingly. False positives are rare, but can occur, of course.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,443 Views)

I have a copy of it written in word so that I didn't have to keep repeating it. I'd be happy to share it but I can't type the phrases in here and expect it to work. How would I go about sharing this information with administration?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,440 Views)

Hi @darrenlwoodson,

Thanks for your report. We recently implemented some extra security measures. We have noticed that the system appears to be sensitive to certain types of code in messages, which then triggers a false positive. The team is looking at how we can tune it better.

Thank you,

Mark

Community Manager

Community Manager
NI Community
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,421 Views)

@darrenlwoodson,

I would be interested to see the phrases. We've found that if you copy it into a text file and attach a zip file that it will pass the filters.

Thank you!

Community Manager
NI Community
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,418 Views)

Hello Mark,

Let's give this a try!

Let me know if this works, this is the original post I kept having trouble with. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,413 Views)

@darrenlwoodson,

Got it. Thank you, I will pass it along to the team.

Mark

Community Manager
NI Community
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,404 Views)