From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new job = new username = destroy all cred (??)

I have a new job.  It is at a new employer.  That means my old credentials, including the work email address, are no long accessible, or in existence.

My new employer likes LabVIEW.  They are getting me licenses, and have a few folks here who use it.  

This means I get a new username on the community.  Which means all the connections, and scoring and kudos... is gone. 

That sucks.  You should fix it.  I shouldn't lose those things that feel so valuable to me.

-EngrStudent

Message 1 of 6
(3,268 Views)

Why do you need to make a new NI account?  I've changed jobs several times and kept my same NI ID.  Just login with your NI credentials, and change the email address that it is associated with.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,252 Views)

I don't have my old password.  Password recovery for it goes to my old work address.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,249 Views)

Have you tried contacting the moderator? Maybe there is a way to update the e-mail address if you somehow can prove that it was you. Not sure, though.

Message 4 of 6
(3,243 Views)

Hi Engr.Student,

I'm sending you a PM to help resolve this issue.

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
Message 5 of 6
(3,217 Views)

Hello.  I have the same issue.  How can I recover my account so it shows my prior training?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(954 Views)