From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attachments in private messages

Solved!
Go to solution

I just missed the option to attach a file to a private message... am I blind or is this on purpose, I think it is a severe limitation

by the way, when 'preview'ing my message, I see a dimmed but operational reply button in the text field.... strange (latest Firefox)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,203 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for your question. File attachments are not present on Private Messages to ensure that unsolicited or even potentially harmful files are not sent to community members. While a moderator can quickly remove a spam message/attachment from a public post, Private Messages are of course private and do not have the same level of moderation and scrutiny that a public post may have. Attachments are unavailable for this reason.

Regarding the "Reply" button on the message preview, when you say that it is operational, you mean that it is "clickable", but it does not open a new page, correct? The message preview is meant to show a fairly exact representation of what the message will look like, but the presence of the buttons adds confusion and we will look into removing them.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(3,167 Views)

Thanks for planning to remove the ghost button.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,164 Views)