Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the LabVIEW 2019 online help?

Unless Google is broken (maybe it is!), the newest online help is for LabVIEW 2018.

For example, I cannot find the LabVIEW help for Sets and Maps anywhere (new in 2019).

(btw. I wanted to include a link here....)

LabVIEW 2019 has been out for more than half a year. Shouldn't the online help be updated to include 2019 by now? Anyone found it?

Message 1 of 4
(2,569 Views)

Hi altenbach,

I'm checking with our LabVIEW team to see if there is a LabVIEW 2019 help document. I will keep you updated.

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,485 Views)

Hey altenbach, the LabVIEW 2018 Help is the most recent version published to NI.com.  In many cases, we will no longer be publishing a new version of this Help format (zone.ni.com*) each year or version unless the content significantly changes.  Most topics remain the same between versions, so linking should still work to the older versions in most cases.  For anyone needing to access the 2019 help, many do have the new CHM file added to the main page of the manual.  If you have issues opening a CHM, you can follow the guidance in this KB.

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,476 Views)

Thanks. Collections (Maps, Sets) are a new feature and their help should be online. A "significant change" in my book! :D. Often I like to give links (as in the quoted forum discussion), so the chm will not do.

I do agree that the online help should be version agnostic and not even show a specific year because functionality does not really change (exceptions can be noted). Each help item would need a valid range (e.g. Collections: 2019+, Event structure: full/pro xxxx+, base, yyyy+, etc. )

Message 4 of 4
(2,467 Views)