From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the point of "All-Answered-Unanswered" filters?

Hi,

I just wanted to filter the LabVIEW board for "unanswered" threads and I got (apparently) "all" threads…

Infact it doesn't matter which of those 3 filters I use (all, answered, unanswered): I always get the same list of threads!

Maybe it matters: I'm logged in.

(Is this an artifact of the last forum renovations?)

Edit:

It gets even better! After writing this message I just tried to filter this Feedback board for "unanswered" threads: My own new unanswered thread wasn't shown anymore!

Did someone at Lithium play with negative boolean logic? 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,000 Views)

Hi Gerd,

The "answered" filter is meant to be topics with replies, and "unanswered" is topics without replies. However, it seems that neither of these filters are working appropriately. We will need to investigate this further.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,963 Views)

These filters are also pretty useless anyway.

(If I go to the list of my recent posts, a much better filter (that we have requested for years!) would be to only show posts located in threads that have new activity, i.e.show in bold. If somebody replies with a followup question to one of my older posts in a forum that I don't monitor regularly, chances are that I never see it.)

Message 3 of 4
(2,953 Views)

This issue is now resolved.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,801 Views)