Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the deal with the long lead time on delivering

boards. As a leader in test and measurement for industry, you should be examples as to fast lead times and reasonable delivery times. I regret that I will think twice when I quote an NI board for a project again. The long lead time is simply unacceptable!ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
#&*@#$!!!!!!!!
Message 1 of 4
(5,183 Views)
boards. As a leader in test and measurement for industry, you should be examples as to fast lead times and reasonable delivery times. I regret that I will think twice when I quote an NI board for a project again. The long lead time is simply unacceptable!I too have felt the frustration about lead times. As an Alliance Member, I have ordered countless NI products and had lots of tense conversations with clients who are wondering what is holding up the turn-key system I promised them.

What we need to keep in mand is that NI is subject to part shortages just like any other manufacturer. They do their best to get things out on time, and in fact they do much better than others. I've been forced to order lots of Agilent equipment with > 20 WEEK lead times! Not only was there a 20 week lead time quoted when I ordered it, they MISSED the target by 4 weeks! In those cases, Agilent had the only solution and NI products couldn't cover it.

In many cases your DSM and / or ISR can help you locate a loaner to tide you over until yo
u board is shipped. I have had very good experiences in the past with those folks.

Hey, I'm also noticing that the standard lead times are now listed online when browsing the catalog. That should help you plan your project shedules in the future.

Again, for what it's worth, I feel your pain.

Dan Press
www.primetest.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,183 Views)

Speaking of lead times:

I just had to wait 4-5 weeks for NI to ship a part.

Three days after the deadline, I get an email telling me it'll take an additional week.

Don't they have better manufacturing planning so they can let their customers know AHEAD OF TIME when they will miss a shipping deadline?  Not 3 days after the deadline!

If I did that to a customer, I'd lose business.  NI should expect the same.

http://www.medicollector.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,824 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,873 Views)