Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happend to [NEW]?

This issue is keeping me from reading the forums.  Someone please PM me when it's fixed, so I don't accidentally reset the "new"-ness of any threads.

Copyright © 2004-2024 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(1,606 Views)

Still a pain in the .... !

Please get the fix installed ASAP!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 12 of 26
(1,571 Views)

Still annoying - but curious to note that when I open links from my emails, they jump to the appropriate post. As has already been commented, the url provided by the New link looks believable - why do some links to specific messages work, and others not?

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(1,544 Views)

@cbutcher wrote:

...when I open links from my emails, they jump to the appropriate post.

Right - which would be fine if the new posts were listed in chronological order so I could just scroll from there, but they're not: they're weaved in to wherever they were replied from so there's context (which I agree with, btw).

Copyright © 2004-2024 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(1,521 Views)

@crelfVO wrote:

@cbutcher wrote:

...when I open links from my emails, they jump to the appropriate post.

Right - which would be fine if the new posts were listed in chronological order so I could just scroll from there, but they're not: they're weaved in to wherever they were replied from so there's context (which I agree with, btw).

Ah. So for me, under Settings > Preferences > Linear Layout, I have the default, oldest first setting. I guess you prefer threaded, which I can see would make this even more annoying. At least for me, I can read "3 new posts", scroll to the bottom then go up 3 (or 4) and read.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(1,513 Views)

Looks like this is now back to working correctly and the page does jump to the first unread message.

(1,499 Views)

Yes, following a 'New' link shows the first unread message again. Great.

But I think there used to be a [New] tag near the message title for all unread messages in a topic. It was useful if you clicked the topic title instead of 'New' link or when scrolling up and down.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(1,491 Views)

I can confirm that the issue with jumping to new posts is now resolved. However, the lack of the [NEW] text is still being investigated.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
Message 18 of 26
(1,486 Views)

Has this been fixed yet? I'm having withdrawal from my discussion forums...

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(1,269 Views)

No updates on the [NEW] text as of yet.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(1,257 Views)