From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What about some kind of "student" board?

Hi all

I'd like to know what you think about that:

Every few months (there were already threads where members complained about that) we see questions posted from different people but very similar - obviously students that were given the same task. What makes me annoyed is the fact, that some of them just want a solution. Although I want to help others, for me this goes to far. If you can see, that the asking person is struggling with something but is eager to get used to LV, then I try to help. But in the other case, let's say "Help - I need a solution", I don't want to spend time.

Now - would it be a way to create some kind of student board, where such people can post? So the ones from the community that don't have a problem with the "Help - I need a solution"-bevaviour can jump in and the others can keep out.

What's is your opinion wire-workers?

Thomas
Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
--------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,304 Views)

If such a board would exist, the serious students would probably post in it and then you wouldn't see their questions and wouldn't be able to help them. The not-so-serious students, on the other hand, might fail to notice this board and post to the regular board, thus not helping you. I think the best thing might be to continue ignoring the annoying ones. It's their problem, not ours.

Then again, maybe the annoying students will go to the student board and the other ones won't. Who knows??? Smiley Tongue

(5,300 Views)
Here's another idea,

What is we concentrate on grassing on the lazy ones.  Can't we somehow collate all the suspected "lazy student" posts in a single thread so that smart professors or teachers have a convenient place to look and see if the students have been "served" by the forum?

This kind of puts the onus on the education staff, where it should rest anyways in my opinion.  We can only guess as to who's a student and who not.

What do you think?  Something like the "Interesting" thread?  Maybe called "Term work"?

Shane.

Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,287 Views)
I don't like "telling" on people (especially if I don't know for certain) and I doubt the educational staff will spend their time looking for it. My vote is simply to ignore these, unless you have the patience for them.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,267 Views)