Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What about "switching to LV 8 issues" special board ?

Hello all,

Please, hands up those who think that a software board should be added just below "LabVIEW" board, I propose to call it "switching to LV 8 issues" or maybe just "LabVIEW 8".
I'm sure that all of us who still haven't "switch to 8", have already asked many time to member who load code to repost in LabVIEW 7.

I see at least 3 nice advantages of this new board :
 - those who still don't use LV8 don't waste time sorting their thread
 - those who have problem with LV8 have their own board with only people using LV8 to answer
 - those who plan to switch shortly can have an idea of common issues of switching going through that thread...
 -... I'm sure there are more

What's on the other hand ?
 - maybe the fact that is separate in 2 the LabVIEW section... but if people can make the difference between a "LV8 issue" which is actualy a LabVIEW issue and a "switching to LabVIEW 8 issue" then this point falls 😉
- tell me what else, I certainly miss some other things...

So now, who votes for that "switching to LabVIEW 8 issues" board ?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,134 Views)
I wouldn't count on it. Unlike LAVA, the NI forums have a more rigid system (just look at the URL structure) and I'm sure that there is some bureaucracy in adding boards which can't be deleted later. Add to that the fact that NI doesn't apparently want to "split up" the LV community and you will see what I mean. If you look through this board (specifically the thread about the PDA board (yes, Molly, we haven't forgotten about that one :()) you will see that they are apparently thinking about using some sort of tagging, but I don't know how far along that is.

Ok, I think I see what you mean and you are probably right... Smiley Indifferent

What do you mean by "some sort of tagging" ?
I imagine you mean an indicator that would show the LabVIEW version concerned by the post, is that it ?
That would be a useful feature, no ?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,109 Views)
Forcing users to disclose their LV versions (probably through a radio button) would be a useful feature and has been on the wishlist for quite some time.

By tagging I mean marking threads or posts by topics (LV8, PDA, etc.). Then, by applying custom filters and searches you can get only the data you want. Unfortunately, this is apparently still far off. Molly has suggested a temporary solution of creating custom filters, but I don't see how that can be automatically applied to your topic. There is always the LAVA LV8 board, but that doesn't get as much traffic as this site.