From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View counts?

I don't understand how the view count is calculated. For example how can the view count of a message posted 3 minutes later in the same thread be higher than for the message right before it????

Message Edited by altenbach on 12-06-2007 10:24 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,433 Views)
Is it possible that you editting the post reset the view count? Because your edit says it happened at 10:10 (the same time as Dennis's post), so if the post count was reset, there is the potential that your edit finished right after Dennis posted, and his post was viewed three times (When he finished posting he viewed it, someone else viewed it, and you viewed it when you finished your edit), while your edit was only viewed once (you view it after you edit it)?

I don't know, just a guess. Maybe I will test it.

..After Edit?

Noope my theory fails miserably haha

Message Edited by jrpe on 12-06-2007 04:10 PM
Jeff

Using Labview 7 Express
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,426 Views)
Let's see what the count is if I preview it a few times while editing.

edit: nope, no difference....

Message Edited by altenbach on 12-06-2007 01:21 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,413 Views)

How come a post view count will be zero as shown below?

Or is it a known bug and reported already? Sorry altenbach for posting in the old thread 🙂

View count.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,925 Views)

Do you have a link to the post shown in the picture?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,917 Views)

Hello Mathan,

It seems like the post has increased its view's to 20 which could be correct since this was posted today at 05:06 AM. Your view on a post will not be reflected the first time you see it, afterwards it will be reflected everytime you refresh.

Let me know if you continue to see this issue.

We will be more than glad to assist.

Best Regards,

Karina Barles

NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,907 Views)

@karina.barles wrote:

Your view on a post will not be reflected the first time you see it, afterwards it will be reflected everytime you refresh.

This is the scenario i observed. Just logged in to the forum at that time. It was the first link at that time. Clicked on it and read the message. Observed that the count was zero. When the poster replied to that message it will be the first count as he visited that page after his reply. And immediately after that if I opened that link, it should be the second and it should not be zero or even one. Kindly explain this behavior. Am not pushy just curious to know about it 🙂

Here is the link Altenbach,

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/disable-short-cut-menu-for-annotation/td-p/2054120

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,893 Views)

Hello Mathan,

There could be a slight delay at the moment of the post count reflection at the beginning. Have you tried accessing the link now and refreshing the page? You will then see that the views increase everytime you refresh.

If this is not the case please let us know so we can check and see if there is an issue on your end.

Best Regards,

Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,886 Views)

@karina.barles wrote:

You will then see that the views increase everytime you refresh.

That happens without any issues. For each and every refresh, the count gets increased without any issues.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,866 Views)