Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI for mouse interface

Hi,

I am currently doing a project that will track the motion of the hand and acts as a cursor on the front panel. What i AM interested in is whether i can somehow communicate with the computer and acts as a mouse interface rather than using an "actual" mouse.
1.  Is there such a vi that will enable the user to communicate or take control/overwrite the mouse program?
2.  If it is not possible, is there any other posible way to do it?eg: connect a wireless receiver at the mouse port(like a wireless mouse) and
     send signals (x y coordinates) from another port of the computer through a tranceiver.

Please help. I really appreciate your expertise. Thank You
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,205 Views)

You posted to the feedback board. You should have searched and then posted to the LV board.

If you had searched, for instance, for "simulate mouse", you probably would have found some VIs which demonstrate how to call the operating system to simulate mouse movement and clicks. In windows, the specific API functions are SetCursorPos and Mouse_Event and if you search for those terms you should find some VIs.

(5,195 Views)

oops!

Think i might have made a mistake. Thanks for informing though. And Thanks for your information. I'll post it up under the LV most active sofware boards. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,186 Views)