Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Group - Questions and Feedback

Solved!
Go to solution

I add a screenshot (I hope self-explanatory) why I think the layout of the user groups is not optimal.

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 48
(2,022 Views)

Hi Vix,

Thank you for following up.

We definitely understand the issue here and the need for a fix. (As noted previously, it is not ideal, but in the short-term the view can be improved with a larger monitor, or zooming out in your browser.)

I wish this was a simple fix that we could immediately put in place, but adjusting the full layout of this page will take some time and effort from our team. This is still an important issue for us that we have as a high priority and while we will not have a fix in the coming weeks, we will be working on this and hope to have it resolved relatively soon.

Thanks for your patience as we get these items resolved!

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 48
(2,007 Views)

Hi, 

I am trying to send a message to all the members of the group that I manage to remind them to subscribe again and I cannot find the way to do this anymore, can anyone tell how could I send a message to all the group members now.

Also, could I have the previous HTML of the group? The group name is GUNS

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 48
(1,922 Views)

Hi Jpina -

Sorry, but there is no option to send a message to your group. If you have the usernames of the users within your group, you can send a normal private message to the list as long as it's in a comma separated format.

I will send the HTML for your group to you via private message.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
Message 34 of 48
(1,889 Views)

How do I become a community manager or make a request for a new closed group?

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 48
(1,847 Views)

Hi Andrew_Watchorn, 

If you are interested in creating a new group, please provide the following information via email to community@ni.com:

1. Name of your proposed group
  2. Please provide a group description
  3. What type of group will this be (Open or Closed)?
  4. What is the primary focus of your group (a regional group, support, code sharing, etc.)?
  5. Who will be the audience/member base for this group?
  6. Are there any GroupAdmins in addition to yourself?

Please note that user groups should NOT be utilized in the following situations:

• You plan on sharing sensitive or export controlled information
  • The user group already exists
  • You plan on utilizing interaction styles other than discussions

Thanks, 

Karina Barles

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 48
(1,837 Views)

Not sure where to put this, so here it goes.  It seems that since the switch I have not been getting user group emails.  I have searched my preferences and haven't seen anything that indicates that I have this functionality turned off.  Am I missing something?  This is kind of important given that I am an admin and active participant in a local user group.

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 48
(1,732 Views)

Hello Cirrusio,

We will be more than glad to assist with this issue. Can you give us the information of the group you belong as an admin so we can check on the settings and assist with fixing this issue?

Thanks!

Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 48
(1,721 Views)

The point is it's not just that group it is *every* group...

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 48
(1,715 Views)

Hello Cirrusio,

We will be more than glad to help you with this.

Subscriptions were not migrated from the old user group community and you would need  to subscribe again to groups that you want notifications for.

Please refer to Changes to Community Functionality where this was stated.

In order to subscribe you have to: Go to the Group, click on options, select subscribe.

It is also possible that you might have already done this, but the email notifications are not enable. You can make sure these are enabled by clicking on your username > my subscriptions > notification settings.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Best Regards,

Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 48
(1,712 Views)