Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text after images (hard!)

If we insert an image at the end of a post, it is impossible to add new text after the image if we are in "rich text" mode. As a workaround, we need to switch to HTML and type at least one character after the image before going back to "rich text" mode and finish the sentence.

This should be easier.

(chrome on windows 10. I have not tried other browsers)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,737 Views)

Hi Christian,

Can you please provide more steps to help us reproduce the issue you are facing? If I insert an image to a post (no specific alignment chosen), then hit the Enter key, I am taken to the next line in the editor and can begin to type text with no problem.

picturetest.png

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,721 Views)

Try with an image that is wider than the edit window and thus gets scaled down during the insert.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,705 Views)

I tried again with a 1920 pixel wide image and was able to insert text after the image.

Is there a particular image that is causing issues? Or what is the width of it so I can replicate it?

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,701 Views)

Well, sometimes it work, sometimes it does not. I'll do some more test....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,697 Views)

Still struggling with this on a daily basis. Most of the time I cannot place the text insert point if the last item is an image and I want to type below it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,331 Views)

Sorry to hear this is still an issue. If you could provide a video or steps to reproduce, this could help with figuring out the problem.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,327 Views)

Well, maybe I am the only one in the world doing it wrong, but whenever an image is the last object in the edit box, most of the time I cannot click to place the insert point after it. I can click below the image (difficult, because there is no space) or to the lower right of the image. and hit enter or start typing, but nothing gets added to the post.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,317 Views)

I have seen this before.  I just got in the habit (a long time ago) of hitting enter twice and then go back up to the first one to insert the image.  I then still had an empty line to add to the post.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,312 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Well, maybe I am the only one in the world doing it wrong, but whenever an image is the last object in the edit box, most of the time I cannot click to place the insert point after it. I can click below the image (difficult, because there is no space) or to the lower right of the image. and hit enter or start typing, but nothing gets added to the post.

I think I see what you mean now. However, I don't think you are meant to be able to click under the image, if it is the last thing in the post. For instance, if there were only text in the post, you can't click a line or two below it and start typing. You have to hit enter first to go to the next line.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,300 Views)