Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting the list of threads in each forum

Looking at the message boards, the list of threads is currently sorted by the time of the first post. This is not very convenient, because if somebody replies to an older post in a busy forum, the thread will still be buried deep on a later page.

I would really prefer if the list of threads could be sorted by the date of last activity. This way, (in the morning) all the "bold" threads are on top of the list instead of scattered all over and it would be much easier to catch up with new developments. Hot threads would automatically stay near the top of the list.

The same should also apply to the list of subscriptions on the personal forum home page. Here, I am mostly interested in new activity. To see all new activity, I currently need to set the subscription display to a relatively high number, even if only very few threads had activity.

Thanks!
Christian

(There seems to be some sorting preference, but it applies only to within threads:
Linear View Message Sorting Order
This setting determines the ordering of messages within a thread in linear view only. ...)
Message 1 of 2
(3,467 Views)
I agree. In fact I already started a thread about this subject on this very same board (a few threads below this one).

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=130&message.id=198
Message 2 of 2
(3,443 Views)