From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow downloads this weekend. Is there a download cap?

I've been installing LabVIEW on new laptop this weekend and have found that the update downloads are running really slow (about 100 kB/sec).

Switched to downloading updates directly from support web site and have found that can run multiple downloads but they are individually limited to 100 kB/sec, i.e. it is a per file limit.

I did download some big files over last couple of weeks and they were fine, which makes me wonder if there is a download cap?

I am located in UK.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,375 Views)

In last few minutes download speed has jumped back up to my maximum download speed.

Typed too soon after running at full speed for a period download rate has dropped back to only 75 KB/sec

Don't you just hate it when problem changes just after posting about it 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,362 Views)

Hey now, stop stealing the bandwidth!

ni_slow_download.PNG

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,330 Views)

Seriously though, still seeing shockingly slow speeds here, if you can even find a driver to download.

ni_slow_download_2.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,312 Views)

Hi, Michael, 

We experienced some system issues over the weekend up through this morning that resulted in slower-than-normal download speeds. Everything should be back to normal as of this morning. Have you been able to download your files today? Our apologies for the inconvenience on this. 

Best,

Mackenzie Roberson

Digital Support Business Manager

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,290 Views)

The speeds still aren't great, but I suspect that more to do with the Akamai content distribution network and caching things here in Australia. An already downloaded driver is re-downloaded at high speeds, but a newly downloaded driver hovers around 40-50 KB/s.

ni_slow_download_3.PNG

For reference the very slow download is coming from this server: a23-44-37-10.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,279 Views)

Also slow downloads here - located in Denmark trying to download LV 2019 beta Platform - 2019LVPltfrmBeta2.zip

15.6GB taking more than 10 hours.

Normally a file like this takes 15-20 minutes from Microsoft

In the user groups and at our suppliers of test equipment, it is common knowledge that downloads from ni.com are extremely slow most of times - sometimes you can get lucky and find a file that just downloads at 5-10MB / sec - but most often around 50-100KByte/sec 

CLA, Teststand and advanced SQL
Message 7 of 7
(2,862 Views)