From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending PM from user profile

Solved!
Go to solution

This may have been reported previously elsewhere in the forums.

When attempting to send someone a PM by clicking on their user name which prompts a pop-up that offers a link to PM, the website brings us to all the PMs, but it does not prompt a message to the user that you want to send a PM to.

The new PM area is really horrible.  Whoever designed it should win the worst implementation for 2020.  It goes to the last message received and displays it to the right window.  It is not obvious how to navigate from there.  If it is the new "trend", it is a horrible one.

There are good things with the new site and there are bad things.  The new PM feature is way below the bad things.  I am trying my best to say it with a loving and positive way.  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,163 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ray.R

@Ray.R ,

Thank you for the feedback. I'll note both issues and see what we can adjust.

Best,

Mark

Community Manager
NI Community
Message 2 of 6
(2,128 Views)

Thanks Mark

🙂

Let me know if you prefer seeing screen captures to show what I attempted to describe in my original post.

Message 3 of 6
(2,122 Views)

Hi, @Ray.R,

When attempting to send someone a PM by clicking on their user name which prompts a pop-up that offers a link to PM, the website brings us to all the PMs, but it does not prompt a message to the user that you want to send a PM to.

I've noticed that although it doesn't pull up the new message, it does recognize the user you're trying to reach.

For example, if I try to PM you, my address bar says:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/2483 

(User 2483 is @Ray.R)

If you then click the Compose Message button, it auto-populates the new message with the intended recipient (which for my test was you).

This is still not perfect - when I click to send a message, I would like my new message to pop up - but at least I don't have to search for the user by name. Instead, I just need to remember to click "Compose". 😁

Hope this helps someone.

-joeorbob

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,967 Views)

Interesting... It does not seem to work that way for me.  I'm on a Linux machine most of the time (Firefox).  I will try it from a windoze machine and post screen capture of every step.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,865 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ray.R

Hi @Ray.R,

We released a small update yesterday and we were able to address this need in that update. Let me know if it is not working for you.

Thank you,

Mark

Community Manager
NI Community
Message 6 of 6
(1,804 Views)