Go to solution
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(10,085 Views)
Solution
Accepted by muks

muks wrote:
How to get a car number?

I f you are asking how to get a new one...

CARs are assigned by NI's bug tracking system. NI Application Engineers and R&D can log new CARs.

If you are trying to find and old one... nad searching does not help, then again we have to work through NI support.

Ask with more words if I missed answering your Q.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 7
(10,081 Views)

NI Application Engineers and R&D can log new CARs.
Thanks ben. I wanted to know whether I can report a bug (a potential one) and get a car after they have clarified.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(10,079 Views)

Yes but unless you explicityl request it, the AE's seldom provide the CAR#. In my case, after I get them to reproduce the bug I ask them to e-mail me the CAR when they get it filed.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 7
(10,075 Views)

Yes but unless you explicityl request it, the AE's seldom provide the CAR#. In my case, after I get them to reproduce the bug I ask them to e-mail me the CAR when they get it filed.

Got it ben. Clear. My another suggestion. I see across a lot of potential bugs that can be put under one roof so that either it will become a bug or it will be solved or clarified (these can be deleted). 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(10,044 Views)

The un-confirmed bugs have to be watched until we can prove or disprove the buginess.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(10,039 Views)

The un-confirmed bugs have to be watched until we can prove or disprove the buginess.
I think tag will be the best way to keep track of them.
Message 7 of 7
(10,037 Views)