From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read, but still bold (race condition)

So I was composing the first answer to this question while ravens answered much faster with a shorter reply.

Probable timeline (guessing):

1. OP posts question
  2. CA starts replying
  3. RF starts replying
  4. RF posts reply
  5. CA posts reply

Now the thread always shows in bold (unread). I clicked on the bold link several times, no difference.

One questions, two replies, two new. The second reply is even mine so I definitely saw it before 😄

Yes-I-Read-It.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,324 Views)

OK, quite a while later, the thread finally shows as read. Could be some server sync problem. No big deal.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,320 Views)

Hi Christian,

I wasn't able to reproduce this issue in another board, which leads me to believe it is the syncing issue we've ran into a few times in the past with the LabVIEW board. Let us know if it happens continuously and we can do more investigation.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,277 Views)

The times I've seen this happen, it occurs after I moved a thread to another board or merged it with another thread.  Anything I read after that doesn't get marked at read.  Then after some unknown amount of time passes (feels like a half hour), things I read will then be marked as read.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,262 Views)