Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random log-outs!

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

The issue with the "who kudoed this post" link only appears to occur on Android in Chrome when already logged in. If logged out, the link works as expected. If using another browser, such as the Internet app, it works as expected too. We'll need to do more investigation to track down the root cause and to work on the solution.

Thanks,

Lili

Good you see the same bug.

Bad that the bug is there.

Here is another data point for the logout issue.

Check a thread from the Bens post page and then came back.

Logout_Bug.png

Silly web-site thinks that I am both logged in and logged out!

You KNOW that screams of a race condition... bad bad bad.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 51 of 64
(1,415 Views)

That is a long standing issue that is on the backlog to be addressed. It is not related to the random log-outs.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 64
(1,414 Views)

LiliMcDonald wrote: The issue with the "who kudoed this post" link only appears to occur on Android in Chrome when already logged in. If logged out, the link works as expected. If using another browser, such as the Internet app, it works as expected too. We'll need to do more investigation to track down the root cause and to work on the solution.

This functionality seems to be working as expected now on Android in Chrome.

kudoedpage.png

Ben -- are you still seeing this issue?

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 64
(1,374 Views)

I will have to look.

Now regarding YouTube links and Android.

I made the mistake of embedding a YouTube link in the "everything else thread" in the Breakpoint. When I checked that thread for updates using my Android (and Chrome), Chrome locked up again. Chrome just got updated about 2-3 weeks ago on my Android so ...

So make sure you are logged in using an Android and Chrome to witness the Chrome lock-up issue yourself.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 64
(1,368 Views)

I was unable to reproduce the YouTube video issue in Chrome on Android 6.0.1 using a Samsung Galaxy s5. I was logged in and able to view the topic, the video, make the video full-screen, go back, and start a reply to a post. I didn't see any issues with the screen locking up. Also, this device has the YouTube app installed, if that possibly makes a difference.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 64
(1,356 Views)

My cell phone has a "LG" on the bottom if that tells you anything.

I got by for many years with my flip phone before my wife handed me the cell phone. I guess I will have to to limp along until she decides to upgrade.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 64
(1,348 Views)

"Lithium battery" - Violent attack by a forum provider inflicting pain on the users.

In this tag cloud you can see that I have used the tag "TCP/IP" in the past. But clicking on the TCP/IP link in that cloud fails AND I can no longer use the term "TCP/IP" in a tag.

How can we respect a forum provider that does not include the idea that someone may want to tag a post with TCP/IP ?

It used to work and now it is broke.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 64
(1,251 Views)

Ben -

There are certain characters that are not supported within tags: / \ # ? ;

tag.png

It is possible that the tagged content you're referring to was migrated from the old platform in 2016 -- which would explain why these characters are present but the links are no longer working.

We will need to escalate this issue for further investigation.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 64
(1,243 Views)

An update on the tagging issue:

Since certain characters are not supported within tags, dashes were used to replace the character in order for the tag page link to work again.

For example, TCP/IP can now be found as TCP-IP.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/tag/tcp-ip/tg-p

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 64
(1,146 Views)

Random log-outs are still there.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 64
(1,125 Views)