Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random log-outs!

Where did you click on the link to go to the thread -- just from the forum board itself?
~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 64
(2,024 Views)

From my profile page >>>> recent Posts...

The message was "BOLD" indicating a new update and just clicked the link for that thread which usually takes me to the oldest message that I have not read yet.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 64
(2,021 Views)

Thanks for clarifying. If you follow those same steps (profile page > latest posts > click on bold topic > attempt to give a kudo) but for a different post, does the log-out occur every time?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 64
(2,013 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

Thanks for clarifying. If you follow those same steps (profile page > latest posts > click on bold topic > attempt to give a kudo) but for a different post, does the log-out occur every time?

If it did, I would have to start another thread.

The log-outs are random. Only common element that I can speak of is it occurs when clicking to see updates on a thread.

While my post count may be lower than it once was, I still try to keep an eye on interesting topics. That means looking for an indication of updates to threads I have previously viewed, clicking to see those changes and then going back.

So if you want to duplicate the experience, start following some topics and checking them out when they get updated. Since it has happened to others beside myself, I think you should be able to duplicate the effect if you pretend you are a frequent contributor and keep up on thread updates.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 64
(1,998 Views)

Simialr issue but slightly different

Same sequence as I last described

look at my recent posts

Spot an update

look at what was posted

Click the Kudoes but this time

Unable_to_Complete2.png

Refreshed the page and the Kudo button worked OK.

It did not look like I was logged out but I had to be logged in since that was on the Champions forum.

Ben

Message 25 of 64
(1,986 Views)

Anther repeat of no the logout but can not complete action.

But to try and help you out, I did a right-click copy short cut of the Kudoes button incase that is of any use.

"https://forums.ni.com/t5/forums/v4/forumtopicpage.kudosbuttonv2.kudoentity:kudoentity/kudosable-gid/..."

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 64
(2,017 Views)

Re: post #25 posted on ‎09-21-2017 01:57 PM               

That image looke dOK when I posted it and is OK in my image gallery preview screen but is all black when viewed in this thread.

Stupid buggy Lithium image up loading function!

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 64
(2,015 Views)

Now I am back with a new twist on the Random Log-outs. If it was my Android I would just say it was normal but I have never seen this version of the logout using my work PC and a IE.

I looked at my profile page and there were no updates.

Went for a short walk of about 10 minutes and when I checked again, I was logged out.

Spoiler

reminds of one of my favorite passages from what I think is from one of the Books of Kings in the KJV bible...

"and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.."

reporting what I see...

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 64
(2,005 Views)

@Ben wrote:

look at my recent posts

Spot an update

look at what was posted

Unable_to_Complete2.png

It did not look like I was logged out but I had to be logged in since that was on the Champions forum.

Ben

Ben,

You are not alone.  I've seen this also.

Message 29 of 64
(1,994 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

@Ben wrote:

look at my recent posts

Spot an update

look at what was posted

Unable_to_Complete2.png

Ben

Ben,

You are not alone.  I've seen this also.

It happened again. This time it said "Ticket mismatch"

Are you getting closer to fixing it?

Ben

Message 30 of 64
(1,981 Views)