Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on new NI design…

Hi,

just noticed the new NI (not National Instruments anymore) design.

Well, we will get used to - even after >20 years of living with blue Nigel…

One question popped up very fast:

Why don't you use BLACK (HTML 000000) font color anymore?

Does it really has to be dark green (HTML 044123) font color?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 33
(3,506 Views)

They are still in maintenance for the next few hours and I would wait until then before commenting.

I think lots of things are still shuffled around in the background.

altenbach_0-1592153911117.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 33
(3,484 Views)

One weird thing is that if I quote when replying to a post, the quoted text shows in green while composing, but turns back to black once posted.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 33
(3,469 Views)

I guess the upgrade is now complete, but there are still little bugs. For example the download button on the community edition page, the button text is not visible unless I hover over it.

altenbach_0-1592177182541.png

(In other places the buttons switch between reversed BG/FG color (seen here) or light/dark green on hover. Probably more correct)

Message 4 of 33
(3,440 Views)

Too few time to get used to the new design, but I personally feel that the previous one was better in that unread discussions were more evidenced than now: a simple bold black is not so evident with respect to regular black, previous coloured pattern was far more impacting.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

@RobertoBozzolo wrote:

Too few time to get used to the new design, but I personally feel that the previous one was better in that unread discussions were more evidenced than now: a simple bold black is not so evident with respect to regular black, previous coloured pattern was far more impacting.

I'm not a fan of the new colors either.  I find it interesting when a corporation makes a decision to change their identity to a point that they change something as basic as their corporate color.

It will take some getting used to.  But the colors on the board message titles, I wish they were actually black, instead of this very dark green.  There is just something off about it.  It is just eating at my stomach.

EDIT:  I take that back.  I did some color checking on the pixels of that font and it isn't very dark green.  It is a dark grey.  I guess the presence of green elsewhere on the page made me think it was a dark green.

But the appearance, does gnaw at my stomach, and hurt my head a bit like Altenbach says.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 33
(3,365 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

One weird thing is that if I quote when replying to a post, the quoted text shows in green while composing, but turns back to black once posted.

Hi altenbach,

This issue has now been resolved. We are working on the others that have been reported.

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
Message 7 of 33
(3,353 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:
EDIT:  I take that back.  I did some color checking on the pixels of that font and it isn't very dark green.  It is a dark grey.  I guess the presence of green elsewhere on the page made me think it was a dark green.

I think certain text was quite green for a while (e.g. quoted text while composing and other). A lot of things changed around during the maintenance and it sometimes looked different on different computers. A force refresh (Ctrl+reload) often brought things back into sync.

I would say you can trust your eyes and memory if you remember green somewhere. 😄

Message 8 of 33
(3,346 Views)

One more note on this new design…

The footer you see below every NI page now covers a whole FullHD screen in my browser (at 100% scaling). I think this size also has doubled compared to the older design.

Do you really need such a big footer?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 9 of 33
(3,342 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

The footer you see below every NI page now covers a whole FullHD screen in my browser (at 100% scaling). I think this size also has doubled compared to the older design.

Do you really need such a big footer?

It's all optimized for touch screens, phones and tablets. Very inclusive, even if you resemble Andre the Giant in terms of finger size.

(Just wait until the LabVIEW diagram gets "optimized" with a minimum wire distance of 1 cm (just kidding!))

Message 10 of 33
(3,332 Views)