Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Activation Busted today (Did someone forget a Lakshmi puja?)

Solved!
Go to solution

Lakshmi pujaCapture.PNGMy NI is experiencing failure to activate.  I get No "Me" on MyNI

The Activation wizard is not activating

So I tried the link....Capture1.PNG

So I tried the link....

And guess what? It didn't contact anyone at NI!  All I got was a new tab in my browser (What is the emoji for " Smiley colon Beat myself with a hammer until I LIKE it"  (Way Off Topic butt<sic> why is it smiley colon?  in English that sounds wrong)

On Topic  What ever happened to the "Call Me Now button? I miss it so much.

Capture2.PNG

Off topic again (I can digress all DAY since I can't do anything USEFUL until you fix the activation issues)

Or, was that ON Topic?????

I'm confused but I hope someone laughs 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,952 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Are you still seeing this issue? There were some site issues earlier this morning that you may have encountered. Have you tried clearing your cache/cookies to see if that helps? You could test this by opening in Incognito Mode.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,944 Views)

Yes.  I'm Still not activating

Capture.PNG

Oh  AND The NI Update Service is wonky too! I actually need to have http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13503/en/ open in a browser to find updates  (I'm not having a great day Lili)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,928 Views)

Thanks for the update. We have escalated this internally to help track down the issue.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,918 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JÞB

UPDATE!

After running the NI Update Service (And updating the update service) Mind Blown there.

NI License Manager 4.0 showed up

YEA! Whoopee!  Oh, Lili.... All of this stuff is obsolete now!

Pressing ye olde Activate Software button Only generates a "Activation Warning" for every product and fails to activate anything

Me, Being the super genius I am, then Left the default "Product Summary" View and selected the Local Licenses View

I clicked My Latest installed LabVIEW Dev System (In this case LV 2016 Pro x32) right- clicked and chose "Activate"

Wouldn't you know it.  By choosing to try to activate 1 of the 16 installed products ALL 16 Activated like "Magic"

Its a good thing I am completely insane!  Nobody "Normal" would have figured out WTH NI is doing!!!!!

Man 
I need Kudos for that

Message 5 of 5
(2,916 Views)