Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems uploading a ZIP file

@GerdW wrote:
Now it's 2½ years I have problems uploading VIs to the forum - it does accept VITs instead…

What's the difference between VIs and VITs from the viewpoint of Lithium forum software?

Hi Gerd,

Did you receive the error "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type." this time?

If so, is it safe to assume the timestamp on the post you linked (01-13-2016 02:24 AM) is the approximate time you received the error?

This error occasionally occurs due to an issue with the MIME type and the browser being used. You can try another browser or just zip the files to attach.

If you can answer the questions above, I can follow up with Lithium so they can verify.

Thank you,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 81 of 88
(3,150 Views)

Hi Lili,

yes and yes (maybe 14:23, as I had to rename the VI file before uploading it in the 2nd try).

I always use FireFox in the most recent version (right now 43.0.4).

Btw. why can't we switch the time display to 24h mode? There's an option to use "German" date format (dd-MM-yyyy), but nothing to set the time format…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 82 of 88
(3,135 Views)

Thanks for the information, Gerd. I have filed a case with Lithium to try to get to the bottom of the issue.

Regarding the timestamp, unfortunately the time display format is a global setting that affects all users. It is curious though that date display format and settings are configurable at the user level, but not the time. I can raise an enhancement idea to Lithium about allowing the time display format to be set by the user.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 83 of 88
(3,123 Views)

Hi Gerd --

Lithium has been attempting to reproduce this issue and have been unable to do so. They also reported that they haven't seen any recent incidents in their logs that has occured since the last time -- is that correct from your end?

They do believe the issue is related to your browser/OS and possibly something you have installed is causing the mime type of the attachment to change. Lithium asked that you do the following in Firefox:

1. Type "about:config" into the address bar and hit enter.
2. Find the preference browser.download.pluginOverrideTypes and, if it is present, right-click on it and select reset.
3. Find the preference plugin.disable_full_page_plugin_for_types and, if it is present, right-click on it and select reset.

Then, if you continue to see the same behavior after completing the steps above, they recommended you try setting Firefox back to the default settings via Options -> Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Reset Firefox.

Thank you,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 84 of 88
(3,073 Views)

Hi Lili,

thanks for your (and Lithiums) effort.

haven't seen any recent incidents in their logs that has occured since the last time -- is that correct from your end?

Yes - as I don't upload VIs that often. I just didn't try to upload a VI since my last complaint.

I followed those steps 1-3 (step 2 didn't apply, step 3 only mentioned PDF) and tried to upload a VI here with this post: still "doesn't match file type" when trying to upload a VI. VIT works nicely…

Resetting FireFox did help as you can see from my second attachment…

Thanks so far! (Now I'm going to install my AddOns again…)

Best regards,
GerdW

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 85 of 88
(3,064 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting. Let me know if the reset Firefox with your add-ons enabled seems to still be working for you.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 86 of 88
(3,041 Views)

Test after adding add-ons to Firefox: still working…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 87 of 88
(3,023 Views)

I'm glad it's still working!

If anyone else is encountering a similar issue, I recommend following the troubleshooting steps here.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 88 of 88
(3,013 Views)