Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preview Signature When Editing

Solved!
Go to solution

When editing a signature in Settings, there should be a preview of it right underneath, preferably updating in real time (as the signature is being edited). It's kind of annoying to have to find and constantly refresh some random post I commented on in order to see if my signature is the way I want it. At the very least, maybe add a button that behaves similarly to the tiny 'information button' next to the word Signature (hover over it and the preview will show in a little pop up window).

FireFist-Redhawk_1-1596575323819.png

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,489 Views)

never mind, that link was private.

Others have wondered about this...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,448 Views)

Finally found it: Where-to-test-your-signature-Here-maybe

This (feedback forum) is a better place to bring it up...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,437 Views)
Solution
Accepted by FireFist-Redhawk

Hi all,

We released an update this week which added a signature preview. See the NI Community October release notes.

Community Manager
NI Community
Message 4 of 7
(2,249 Views)

@markwni wrote:

Hi all,

We released an update this week which added a signature preview. See the NI Community October release notes.

I noticed it this morning.  It would be nice if the preview was wider to better simulate what it would look like in the actual forums.  But this was a great step forward.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 7
(2,247 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

It would be nice if the preview was wider to better simulate what it would look like in the actual forums.  But this was a great step forward.

Thanks for that feedback. I'll put it in for a potential future update.

Mark

Community Manager
NI Community
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,237 Views)

@markwni wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for the name drop 😆

And of course, thanks for adding that feature in!

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,216 Views)