From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pasting from the LabVIEW help ...

If I select and copy (right-click... copy, or ctrl-c) some text from the LabVIEW help (local, not web), nothing appears here when I try to paste (ctrl-v) in the edit window. Absolutely nothing!

However, if I temporarily switch to HTML above the edit window, the text pastes just fine and is still there when I switch back to "Rich Text".

I noticed a new right-click option "Paste as plain text" (or ctrl-shift-v) which also seems to work. Why is that needed? How much hidden garbage is contained in the LabVIEW help clipboard contents?

It would be so much nicer if it would just work without these detours ...  😄

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,054 Views)

Hi Christian,

Typically, whenever you copy any formatted text from a source (Word, websites, etc.) you are copying the "hidden" formatting along with it. The option to "Paste as plain text" has always been a feature within web browsers -- perhaps you're noticing it now with the latest Chrome update?

In the community, when pasting into the HTML tab, that is similar to pasting "as plain text." You should have been able to paste the formatted text into the Rich Text tab though.

Do you see the same issue when pasting the same text into another program - such as Word? What about if you do the same in the TinyMCE editor: https://www.tinymce.com/

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,045 Views)

Direct pasting (ctrl+v) works fine in MS Word and tinyMCE, just not here.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,022 Views)

(During the first view of the edit window, I am pressing ctrl+v several times)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,020 Views)

Hi Christian,

We were able to reproduce the issue and have escalated this to our community provider. We will keep you updated with any new information. In the meantime, please utilize the workaround of pasting as plain text (ctrl+shift+v) or pasting into the HTML tab.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
Message 5 of 6
(2,968 Views)

Update on this issue - this is a confirmed bug, however, there is no ETA for when this will be fixed. Please continue utilizing the workaround.

~~~~~~~~~
Message 6 of 6
(2,638 Views)