Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification feed remains hungry.

It seems that the notification feed is no longer updating.

I got kudos and accepted solutions today (example), but the last entry in the notification feed is two days old (10-8-2017).

Message 1 of 20
(4,042 Views)
I'm unable to reproduce this. Did you just receive notification for the kudos I gave you on this topic?

Thanks,
Lili
~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(4,031 Views)

Yes, I just did.

Even now, things look as follows. There are definitely missing entries... 

(maybe there was an update gap during the other site issues).

FeedMe.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(4,029 Views)
I'd like to keep an eye on this over the next few days since the latency issues from earlier this week may be related to this. Please let us know if you continue to see issues.
~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(3,996 Views)

I have not been getting notifications when people reply to threads either.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(3,989 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:
Please let us know if you continue to see issues.

While it is easy to find a post mentioned in the notification feed, the "reverse lookup" is a bit harder. Noticing new kudos or accepted solution activity is more difficult if the feed is not working. I would need to manually compare the timestamp in the kudos and solutions list of my profile, but chances are these lists are corrupted too (Murphys law). 😄

I'll keep an eye out. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(3,986 Views)
@Gregory wrote:

I have not been getting notifications when people reply to threads either.

Me neither. And when I clicked to "Reply" to gregoryj, a content of a previous post was autoinserted into the text field... The NI forum really went insane! 😄

edit: This is what I get after trying to reply...

"The message you are trying to access is not available.
You may need to login in order to see this content.
If you are logged in, you may not have the proper permissions to access this content if it exists within a private board or closed group. You may need to request access.
If you continue to experience issues, please post your question to the Feedback board or email us at community@ni.com."

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(3,979 Views)

I'm not seeing notifications to replies either, and am not getting emails when people reply. Smiley Sad

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(3,976 Views)

I'm seeing the same behavior Craig mentioned.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(3,971 Views)

I have NOT noticed any lag in the feed.  Perhaps its a timezone error? Central here

I did just notice an odd notification though

Capture.png

Uhmmmm. I moved Blokk's post to the new destination (And PM'd him about it) after finding a dup post from 1 thread fouling up a 10yr old thread

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(3,941 Views)