Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New kind of notification?

Hi,

I just got this notification:

check.png

Why did I get this?

Do I now get a new notification each time someone opens a new thread in the LabVIEW forum?

(There were other problems too this day, I had "false" notifications several times like announcing 2 new notifications at my avatar when only one was shown in the feed…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 49
(5,140 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Are you subscribed to the LabVIEW board? If so, this is why that particular notification would appear.

I haven't seen any issues with the notification indicator, but we will keep an eye on it.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 49
(5,129 Views)

Are you subscribed to the LabVIEW board? If so, this is why that particular notification would appear.

Has something changed recently? I am actually subscribed to a couple boards and receive corresponding e-mails but I had never gotten notifications in the feed till now. This seems coherent to me if (as I suppose to be) the Notifications Feed goal, is to inform me of any news related to my activity in the forums. Flooding the feed with all notifications for a board activity will make it useless, especially for those subscribed to high-activity boards like the LabVIEW one!

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(5,093 Views)

Hi Lili,

Well, If I were subscribed I would expect tons of notifications about new threads - but the one shown above is the only one shown as "posted new topic"…

I am actually subscribed to a couple boards and receive corresponding e-mails but I had never gotten notifications in the feed till now.

Roberto seems to get the same notifications about "new topics" - and he seems to get a lot more notifications of this special kind…

Right now I consider that notifcation received yesterday to be a bug as it's the only one I got so far. Either it was a test/glitch on your side or you want to enable this as standard feature in the future!? (Then I need to unsubscribe from the LabVIEW forum in case I accidently subscribed to sometimes in the past.)

Something may have changed in your forum software and I reported about my experiences as a user of this forum…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 49
(5,085 Views)

Hi GerdW,

maybe there is a misunderstanding. I don't receive notification in the Notification Feed for new topics created or messages to discussions I didn't participate. What I am receiving it the e-mail digest for the boards I am subscribed to, and this is happening for a long time till now and didn't changed with the forum renewal.

(5,080 Views)

Thanks for the additional information. Do either of you recall when this behavior first started?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 49
(5,066 Views)

Hi Lili,

this was the first (and the only) time I saw such a notification.

I posted my message right after receiving this notification: "26-06-2017 04:45 PM" (Monday, late afternoon CEST)…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 49
(5,051 Views)

I cannot say anything: I repeat the I never received similar notifications.

(5,046 Views)

To clarify - the Notification Feed has always meant to display notifications of new topics within boards that you subscribe to. This is the out-of-the-box behavior and there are no options to filter or disable notification types.

The issue here is that the board notifications appear inconsistently. It is possible that this may be a bug, or it may be due to other user settings interacting with the feed. We will have to escalate this issue to our community provider for further investigation. We will let you know when we have an update.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 49
(5,032 Views)

LiliMcDonald ha scritto:

To clarify - the Notification Feed has always meant to display notifications of new topics within boards that you subscribe to. This is the out-of-the-box behavior and there are no options to filter or disable notification types.

The issue here is that the board notifications appear inconsistently. It is possible that this may be a bug, or it may be due to other user settings interacting with the feed. We will have to escalate this issue to our community provider for further investigation. We will let you know when we have an update.

Thanks,

Lili

I can only say that I'm just happy it doesn't work this way! I'm actually subscribed to a couple boards and never receive notifications for new threads, only for discussions I participated to.

I am currently used to read the e-mail digest for those boards as a reminder of new activity, whichever it is: I read them on the phone and delete it afterwards; on the other hand, the Notifications Feed remains as some sort of personal activity log. I'm happy with this organization, it suits my personal habits and I hope it will not change in the future.

(4,993 Views)