Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New auto-logout? Anyone else?

Solved!
Go to solution

Additional note: If I use Internet Explorer 11 in the same procedure, I do NOT get logged off, no matter which link I follow.

UliB

0 Kudos
Message 111 of 122
(1,587 Views)

Thanks for the information. We have escalated this issue to our community provider. We will keep you updated with any new information.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 112 of 122
(1,575 Views)

Roberto, UliB,

There were some improvements made last night that should mitigate the issue you were seeing with being logged out. Please be sure you are browsing the site in https. If you continue to see issues, please let us know.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 113 of 122
(1,487 Views)

Hello Lili, I have tried with all the offending links I have reported in this discussion and all they worked well, I was never logged out Smiley Happy

It appears that site upgrade fixed the problem for me.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this item!

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(1,458 Views)

Ok, this has risen to enough of an annoyance to comment on it (or I have a couple of minutes I don't have to be doing other stuff). For several months I have noticed that when I change locations on the forums, from Breakpoint to Jobs or something that I will be logged out on arrival. It doesn't appear to have any time component, it just happened a couple of "jumps" ago, and I have only been on for a few minutes (<10). This time it happened when moving from a "private forum" to Breakpoint, but it has happened when moving from one post to another, or one board to another, Breakpoint to LabVIEW support for instance. I have my machine set to allow "auto log in" by clicking on the "login", but it is annoying, will get to Breakpoint (or wherever a login isn't required, i.e. not the "private" locations) and my first indicator is that everything is unread. Of course, while logged out I don't even see the "private" locations. As I said, this has been for months and doesn't seem to be time outs, unless they are set to <10min!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 115 of 122
(1,409 Views)

Hi Putnam,

When you first visit the community, are you accessing through a bookmark? Can you check that the bookmark is saved as https and not http?

When you find yourself logged out, is it after clicking a certain button or link? Is it the same button or link every time / is it reproducible in the same way?

The next time you find yourself logged out, if you can provide the URLs / steps you took to get there, that could help with further investigation.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 116 of 122
(1,404 Views)

I have my browser (I.E. 11.09) set to remember my login to both the overall NI web site and to the Community (they are different) When I first open www.ni.com I am logged in, but it is the http path. When I click on the "communities", in particular the Champions forum, I am automagically logged in as LV_Pro. But fairly often, while in any forum other than the Champions, when I go to move around, i.e. in Breakpoint I am looking at a posting, then go back to the main Breakpoint or sometimes it appears just go to a different level of the thread I'm in, and I see that I am no longer logged in. If I just click the "login" field I am automagically logged back in, but it is annoying, particularly when I go to respond, kudo or see that everything now on the screen is "unread". I don't thing there is any particular URL, or series of moves, feels pretty random. It also doesn't seem to be a time out, at least not a normal one,Initial Login.PNGLV_Pro login.PNG

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 117 of 122
(1,389 Views)

Hi Putnam,

Thanks for the information. I am a bit confused on the path you are taking to get to the point when you actually click to login to the community. You shouldn't already be logged in when first visiting, as a new session occurs after closing your web browser.

Can you clarify this statement: When I click on the "communities", in particular the Champions forum, I am automagically logged in as LV_Pro

Are you opening the Champions forum from a bookmark? Did you already login before you got to that page?

When you first login to the community, are you in http?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 118 of 122
(1,381 Views)

OK, here is how it went this morning.

1) Opened my IE11 browser. Entered www.ni.com.

2) Was recognized as Putnam by NI site  "Hello Putnam" in MY Accounts area, upper right of screen (probably saved login at some point).

3) Clicked on Communities, then Forums. Was not logged into Forums at this point.

4 ) Clicked on "login" and after a couple of seconds was logged in as "LV_Pro"(another saved password).

5) Saw Notification indication on my Avatar in upper right.

6) Opened Notifications and clicked on indication that someone had kudo'd a post of mine,, which then took me to that post. Still logged in as LV_Pro

7) Saw, at bottom of screen, that another page had been added to thread. Clicked on that.

😎 Went to new page of thread, was now logged out.

9) Logged back in (by clicking "login" at top of community page.

10) Navigated to this thread and wrote this message.

11) Had first cup of coffee for the day ...  

https://forums.ni.com/t5/BreakPoint/The-passing-of-my-hero/td-p/1065324/page/4

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 119 of 122
(1,364 Views)
Putnam,

Thanks for the detailed steps. I was actually able to reproduce this in IE 11. I had no issues in Firefox or Chrome though following the same steps.

This will require further investigation. I recommend you consider switching to a different web browser in the meantime. Please let us know if you run into any other issues.

Thanks,
Lili
~~~~~~~~~
Message 120 of 122
(1,354 Views)