Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Search Interface

I have held off complaining about the new serach interface figuring I just don't get how to use it (too many alpha-numerics on that page for me to handle without working).

BUT!

The old version could search my tags but the new one does not.

I went to the LV forum and serached for "SQL" and got nothing useful.

why did the search not find this thread

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-DataBase-Connectivity-Toolkit-Cheat-Sheet/m-p/847481#M384370

that has a tag that has the text "SQL" ?

What do I have to do to the search engine to get it to search my tags as well.

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 39
(3,333 Views)

Hi all,

We have reported the behaviors cited by Ben and smercurio_fc to Lithium and will let you know what happens from here.

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,

Stephanie R.

Stephanie R.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 39
(3,317 Views)

Ben - searching for tags seems to be working now. We had some system changes over night.

LabVIEW_SQL search (page 2 has your result)

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 39
(3,304 Views)

I just pressed on the "Powered by Lithium" logo down the page (intentionally, I may say), since after all these are the guys who are supposed to fix the limitations of this interface.

Well, I've figured it out... From their website: "Lithium engages your social customers with habit-forming community experiences. We help you find your biggest advocates, tap their passions, and motivate them to participate so you can make good things happen for one another. They engage, you get brand buzz. They get better customer service, you save money. They make confident purchases, you watch sales grow."

I'd wonder how it feels to "watch sales grow"?

More seriously, shouldn't we post our requests on their forums: http://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/Suggest-Your-Ideas/idb-p/Lithium_Ideas

Message 34 of 39
(3,274 Views)

@X. wrote:

More seriously, shouldn't we post our requests on their forums: http://lithosphere.lithium.com/t5/Suggest-Your-Ideas/idb-p/Lithium_Ideas

I would suggest that you let Laura post the ideas over there (slightly more street cred than you or I presumably have), but you should by all means register and Kudo them.  10 Kudos looks like quite the groundswell of support over there....

Message 35 of 39
(3,269 Views)

OK! How do I track Laura and Stephanie and others' activity on the lithium forums? I'd like to automatically Kudo them (I guess I will have to make it a feature request first 🙂

I notice that they have WAY MORE requests "accepted" and "implemented" (what about "under consideration"?) than NI seems to be willing to do.

I guess they are busy watching money grow...Smiley Very Happy 

Message 36 of 39
(3,266 Views)

If you happen across their posts asking for our requests, please let us know. I am more than happy to stuff ballot boxes and can Kuods with the best of them.

"They've never seen anything like it in their life" (Dr. Dolitle, the PushMe-PullYou scene)

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 39
(3,255 Views)

@Ben wrote:

I have held off complaining about the new serach interface figuring I just don't get how to use it (too many alpha-numerics on that page for me to handle without working).

BUT!

The old version could search my tags but the new one does not.

I went to the LV forum and serached for "SQL" and got nothing useful.

why did the search not find this thread

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-DataBase-Connectivity-Toolkit-Cheat-Sheet/m-p/847481#M384370

that has a tag that has the text "SQL" ?

What do I have to do to the search engine to get it to search my tags as well.

Ditto..

I noticed the cange in the search when I returned to the forum a few weeks ago.  I figured maybe I am notsearching correctly, and then stumbled onto this thread.

I miss the old search engine.  I could find things.  Although the "Google-ish" style of search looks "pretty", it is useless if it does not find what you are looking for.  My experience so far has been that when you search for "something", it returns more "else" than the something I was looking for..  😞

My Christmas wish is for the old search engine to come back (at least the engine)..  I am not influenced or impressed by the looks, just the results..

Message 38 of 39
(3,070 Views)

Megga-Dittos!

Few if any of my seraches work.

I have resorted to using Google to find stuff on the NI forums. At lest it works.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 39
(3,048 Views)