Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Avatar

Has anyone else seen anything strange with my avatars sparkle?  I note some changes to:

Ben- Twinlke slow

Raven's Fan-  Twinlke slow

crossrulz-Twinkle slow

aeastst- Strobe strange

Me- Spark frame = photo negative

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 1 of 32
(5,456 Views)

Our platform was automatically upgraded overnight. It appears everyone's avatar was compressed which is causing some issues. I'll follow up with Lithium about this to see what can be done.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 32
(5,446 Views)

Edit: nope- even trying to change it out with souce is no good.

I apprecate you looking into it Lili

Source attached

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 32
(5,439 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:  Me- Spark frame = photo negative

Thanks, Jeff.  Now that is REALLY going to bother me since you pointed it out.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 32
(5,428 Views)

I think mine got slowed down somewhat.... less smooth.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 32
(5,407 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

I think mine got slowed down somewhat.... less smooth.

Yup,  Missed you on the list

I can just imagine the discussion at Li

Guy with BIG idea: "Hey, why don't we compress all the Avatars? It would speed up the forums by 22.56 parts per billion!"

Scrum devil's advocate: "That might mess up a few Avatar's appearance."

Guy with BIG idea: "What, like 5 or 6 out of the 10s of thousands? who cares they can easilly change them no hassle, most of them won't even notice!"

Scrum Lead: "OK, add that to the sprint. Good work."

Manager: "When can that go live?"

Guy with BIG idea: "Oh, I can firmly commit to an Apr 1st launch."

Head boom.gif

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 32
(5,401 Views)

Message 7 of 32
(5,397 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

Our platform was automatically upgraded overnight. It appears everyone's avatar was compressed which is causing some issues. I'll follow up with Lithium about this to see what can be done.

Thanks,

I know it has only been 5 days since I brought this up.

The "Flash" is getting offline feedback from "Members" on the forums.  Not positive feedback!

I'm used to answering questions about the lack of a "_" in my Alias.  The "Seizure-inducing-Negative-Spark" is getting old.  So, what is the timeline for rectifing that?

Message 8 of 32
(5,302 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

Thanks,

I know it has only been 5 days since I brought this up.

The "Flash" is getting offline feedback from "Members" on the forums.  Not positive feedback!

I'm used to answering questions about the lack of a "_" in my Alias.  The "Seizure-inducing-Negative-Spark" is getting old.  So, what is the timeline for rectifing that?

And, "Here we go"

When the forums shut down the ability to use a " " "Space" in the user "Alias" we were all givien some time to adjust our "Ailiases"  Yes, "Jeff Bohrer" entered a few ASCII characters in the Alias  

Now, without any preview, My 8-Ball Avatar, has been "Compressed".  This is why my Avatar "Flashes!"  I Do not want my Avatar to FLASH  It has changed without my ............. consent

My Avatar, might be an unusual example.  So was "_" as a demarkation in my ALIAS!   But, I want MY_Avatar to represent me unless, I choose to change it (Yea some Boston Baseball Team!)

Flashing Avatar.... Bad

Help me bring consistant views to the Forums...OK

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 32
(5,290 Views)

Jeff -- it wasn't our intent or Lithium's to change anyone's avatar. There is a bug in the platform that is causing these odd issues with everyone's avatars -- whether uploaded or chosen from the images provided here. It was unexpected for us too, and we are pressing on our platform provider for a resolution as quickly as possible.

~~~~~~~~~
Message 10 of 32
(5,275 Views)