From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More missing links....

After posting my reply here, I remembered an old discussion in the idea exchange where my idea was based on a misbehaving update bug when the representation of machine epsilon is changed or code has been updated from old versions.

The discussion contains a broken link. I wonder if this could be fixed.

Here is the link:

An Introduction to Floating-Point Behavior in LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,261 Views)

Hi Altenbach,

Thank you for reporting this to us. We will be more than glad to re-instate it for you. I will let you know once we have done it.

Regards,

Karina Barles

NI Community Support

Message 2 of 6
(3,229 Views)

Hello Altenbach,

After some research we are unable to reinstate this link for you. The reason is because we have been working on to clean out content that is no longer deemed useful to the majority of our users.  We use a combination of web analytics and expert opinion to help us determine what content to retire.

Unfortunately, the page you are referring to here have already been removed from our internal content management system, and this there is no way to retrieve them.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Best Regards,

Karina Barles
NI Community Support

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,130 Views)

You've probably already tried the wayback machine, but it did find the page from 2011, too bad the attached PDF wasn't part of the wayback machine's archive, but it does indicate the file name was floating_point_in_labview.pdf if that helps NI find it at all.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,125 Views)

@karina.barles wrote:

After some research we are unable to reinstate this link for you.

Thanks for the update. I noticed that you placed a comment where the link was. The same link is also mentioned higher up in reply ~4, so there should be a note there too.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,117 Views)

Thank you for providing visibility. I have added a note as well!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,098 Views)