From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages not getting marked as read.

Solved!
Go to solution

Just noticed this about 9:10 am EDT.

A couple of message threads that have new messages, I went into and read them.  When I was back at the forum page and refreshed the screen, those threads still showed as having unread messages.  I'm logged in the entire time.

It seems that the forum stopped marking the messages I just read as having been read.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,066 Views)

As an update, I'd figured I would log out and log back in.

Still the messages aren't getting marked as read.

I noticed it is happening in the LabVIEW forum.  The feedback forum doesn't seem to have the problem.

This message https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Text-file-is-keept-in-memory-and-not-deleted/td-p/3685554/jump-to/f... and the ones with more recent replies.

It seems to be the ones listed on the board above the CLAD related question that I moved to the certification board.  The 3 marked in red in the attached image.  The ones below the moved message I can read and have the messages marked as having been read.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,064 Views)

Now it seems to have cleared itself up and the messages I had read earlier are now being marked as read.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,048 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RavensFan

Thanks for reporting this. I am seeing the same issue in the LabVIEW board. We will continue to investigate this.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
Message 4 of 13
(4,042 Views)

I see this happening again today for any threads I've read after I had merged a message into this thread.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Subvi-as-Consumer/m-p/3697616#M1039838

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,889 Views)

Thanks for the example. We have passed this along to our community provider for further investigation.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,883 Views)

Now, after waiting about 15-20 minutes, those threads are finally showing up as read.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,882 Views)

I just did a quick test of this and I am seeing the topics marked as read immediately after reading then going back to the LabVIEW board (via the breadcrumbs, not the back button). Are you still seeing this issue as of today?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,657 Views)

I have not been seeing it today.  It seems to come and go.  At least two distinct times after I had just done a merge thread.  I believe there are other times where I have merged threads since and have not seen it.  I haven't been as active on the boards today so I can't confirm it still wouldn't happen.  The repeatability of the problem seems hit or miss.  I'll let you know if I see it again.

PS:  Why does the dictionary not consider the word "repeatability" valid?  I just added it to the dictionary to get rid of the red squiggly lines.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,651 Views)

Hi,

same problem here:

check.png

- I'm logged in.

- I wrote the last message in the "polymorphic subVI …" thread.

- I opened the thread two times to "really read!" it…

Yet it still is marked as unread - with a new message (yes, it's my own message!)…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 10 of 13
(3,633 Views)