Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark all Posts in Community as New from LV IE

I was on the Unread Topics page in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange and was running into some old threads being marked as new still.  Anyway, I went to Options to mark them all as read but this is what I saw

Mark ALL.png

Notice that the text says Mark all Posts in Community as New/Read.  That is decidedly NOT what I want to do from this screen.  Will it do what it's saying it's going to do, or will it only mark all LabVIEW Idea Exchange posts as new?  I did not click it to find out.

Edit:  I clicked it.  It did what it said it was going to.  No new messages in any forum.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,190 Views)

Hi Tim,

I remember this question coming up a few months ago here (it's not related to the recenty changes). That option does exactly what it says it is going to do -- mark all posts in the community as read.

If you would like to mark all posts as read in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange, please click on the Options > Mark All as Read from the idea exchange page.

markallread.png

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 5
(4,167 Views)

But what exactly is the logic of having the option in a filtered list display from a single board apply globally?  User Expectation is that the operation offered on a filter list applies to the board it refers to.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,078 Views)

I can't answer that question. As I stated in the other topic, I agree that it is odd behavior and ideally the function should scope to the board that you are in. However, that is the out-of-the-box functionality on that page and it is up to Lithium to change/fix that.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,073 Views)

I just accidentally marked the whole community as read again. 

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,228 Views)