Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line spacing for lists to small

When doing lists in posts, it seems to me that the line spacing has getting smaller and list are now harder to read because there is no real space between the lines (example from here). (This is on Chrome, not sure if it matters.)

Listcrunch.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,328 Views)

Hi altenback,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm investigating the spacing issue. I will have an update soon. 

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,295 Views)

Hi altenbach,

We have reproduced this spacing issue and have captured it to our development backlog. We are tracking this and hope to implement it when priority allows.

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,272 Views)

Two months later, and the problem is still there. Curiously, everything looks fine in the edit window and the problem only shows after publishing. That should give a hint how to fix it, right? 😉

The worst problem with this is that there is absolutely no spacing between the last list item and the first line of regular text (see arrows in picture)

For example, my champion profile looks horrible, but as soon as I go to edit, it it looks fine. I really don't want to add extra spaces for it to look right in normal mode, just for the extra spaces to grow out of proportion once the problem is fixed again, requiring another edit. 😞

nospace.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,116 Views)

Hi,

I was just about to post the very same problem on line spacings after lists: in editing mode they look good, after posting the line spacing is compressed/vanishes…

(It's a minor formatting problem IMHO, but still annoying.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,076 Views)

Hi everyone - we've bumped this up in our backlog to have our developers take a look to see if this is something that can be addressed.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
Message 6 of 14
(4,066 Views)

Hi Lili,

a (maybe) related issue with numbered lists:

thread viewthread view       while editingwhile editing

While editing the numbered list is indented, but not in the "normal" thread view…

(I prefer indented lists.)

(Seen on Firefox 65.0.2)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,991 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Thanks for letting us know. We'll ensure the numbered lists are looked at as well.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,981 Views)

Hi Lili,

one more problem with numbered lists…

In the edit window there is a blank line shown after the list (or a larger line spacing before the next paragraph). That line spacing also vanishes when you post the message:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,825 Views)

Hi everyone - in our next update, we will be addressing the many of these issues with the various list types. We don't have a firm date yet, but it should be coming soon.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
Message 10 of 14
(3,815 Views)