Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language

My account is English I speak. I am now in France and the NI website has decided that because I am in France I can speak French. I now have to use the website. If my account is in English surely the web pages should remain in English no matter where I am. I go to China in 2 weeks -I hope I do not translate Chinese.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,915 Views)

For the main NI page, you can set the country manually. However this does not do anything for the forum pages.....

Here's is me setting it to france:

lang.png

For the forum pages you could try the preferences:

lang2.png

Message 2 of 7
(3,883 Views)

Hi Alan@pworx,

altenbach is correct. Your profile preference is currently set to French. Follow the steps he listed out to change your preference setting to English.  This should now keep you in English.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,856 Views)

I have the same problem than Alan. And no solution.

If I set the language to english in the forum, it works temporarily, but reverts back to french after I log out.

As for the ni.com website, my location is set to USA and the language to english, but it still shows the stupid website in french. See the screenshot.

Why doesn't the site just use the browser language string ? It's very annoying.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,021 Views)

Hi @gdargaud,

The procedure above controls the language you see while using NI Community.  Much of the rest of the ni.com website does use the locale from your browser, however, it is possible that your locale is being set incorrectly. Please try setting it manually using the locale control that appears on the bottom of every page:

markwni_0-1649352741107.png

Let me know if that helps.

Best,

Mark

Community Manager
NI Community
Message 5 of 7
(2,011 Views)

Thanks, that did it. I'd never seen this option (never scrolled all the way down I guess). Which brings the question: why are there 3 separate language and 2 separate location settings on the same website ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,000 Views)

@gdargaud wrote:

Which brings the question: why are there 3 separate language and 2 separate location settings on the same website ?

I cannot speak to why the decisions were made, as they happened before I joined NI, but I can tell you there is concerted effort to address the confusion. There are multiple teams working hard to better align the many different ways you can personalize your NI experience.

Best,

Mark

Community Manager
NI Community
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,973 Views)