Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifing there are new messages in a board

Hi,

At the moment the dashborad shows messages that I currently have answered. I wanted to expand this by showing total number of new messages in say the TestStand board.
So I added this to my Subscriptions. Expecting to find about 6 new messages. I was a bit surprise to see the value 5326. There clearly its that main new messages. So what gives and can I achieve want I trying to do with the dashboard.

With the old forum you could quite easily see when new messages are added, that's include unanswered or updated. But this new forum I find this difficult.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,921 Views)
I agree. In fact I already started a thread about this subject on this very same board (a few threads below this one). The root problem is that we cannot sort threads based on the date of the latest activity. You can sort threads based on the original post date, but that's not very helpful.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=130&message.id=198
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,913 Views)
You need to set a baseline first, because since the migration to the new format, all old messages are flagged as unread.

The easiest would be to login and, at the main screen, select "Community options...mark all messages as read".

(Of course you can do this also on a "per board" basis).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,906 Views)
Hi Bob,

Yes that would help a lot in making it less confusing and easier to navigate through the messages.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,904 Views)
Hi altenbach,

I would of thought that with the start of this new forum all the old messages should have been marked as read. As they were a lot of messages and only a small percentage would have been active.

Regard
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,899 Views)