Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icons thread

As promised, here is the thread for temporary (?) placement of icons.
My brief research has led me to the following insights:
NI icons are 36x36 pixels GIFs with a 96 dpi resolution and an 8-bit depth and about 1 KB in size. Anything bigger will probably just be resized to fit this, so there is no point in posting bigger files, they will just download slower. I have tried linking to a bigger JPG I posted to the forums and recieved a message that either the address or the format was incorrect. According to the site, the icons can be JPG, GIF or PNG.

I have also failed when posting a PNG created in photoshop just now.

Message Edited by tst on 03-04-2005 11:23 AM

TIP: Please be sure the file extension for the image is lowercase for the link to work correctly.

Message Edited by Support on 01-16-2006 05:22 PM

tst,

Did you place your icon on some web server somewhere where you can index it? Or can you upload it to a secret place (such as a post) on the NI site and index it from there??

JLV
Message 2 of 498
(27,477 Views)
JLV, I think you've been spending too much time on trying to figure out we are. As I explicitly said in my previous post, this thread is a thread for posting icons. Then, after posting the icon, you copy its address and use that as the url for your icon, which is what I've done. As I've stated, I had some trouble with this, but eventually, as you can see, it did work. I'm not sure where the problems originated (the use of a space, invalid format, plain bad luck), so I would stick to a JPG.

Thanks tst,

I had tried an experiment with an icon when they switched to the new forum format.
Needless to say it was unsuccessful.

Thanks for the tip, I shall post an icon and get rid of "Riker"..\n\n

😉
Message 4 of 498
(27,478 Views)
a picture of "moi"

😄

Message Edited by JoeLabView on 03-08-2005 03:02 PM

Message 5 of 498
(27,471 Views)
Hi tst,

How did you get your icon to find the this thread?

I tried : http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/130/767/2/pic.JPG

and it did not work.

😞
Message 6 of 498
(27,472 Views)
I'm not sure. Like I said, I had similar problems. In the end, I right clicked and selected "copy shortcut" and pasted and that seemed to work. I really don't know where these problems come from.

Until then, maybe I'll stick to this icon and become your "buddy"

😉

JaneLV
Message 8 of 498
(27,456 Views)
Nice icon you've posted, JaneLV. I'll keep it for ME!

I just changed the extension in the link from .JPG to .jpg . The extension match seems to be case sensitive.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 9 of 498
(27,450 Views)
DOH!!!!!

😠
Message 10 of 498
(27,439 Views)