Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just want a manual...

I'm in the middle of a wiring project and need to check some info the card.  Normally with any other company you just go online, download the pdf, and do a quick search - which I often do right there from my phone.

This whole moving manuals to .nihelp files that require offline viewers is, in my opinion, just asinine.  I can't look at manuals on my phone, I can't get the information I need.  And to boot, it isn't JUST an offline viewer it is the offline viewer and NI Package manager.

...  assuming NI package manager is even working right.

software gore.PNG

anyway, that's my rant.  Back to trying to figure out what is wrong with package manager so that I can download an offline viewer that I don't want so that I can view the manual that I should have been looking at 25 minutes ago. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,549 Views)

Agreed this is bad.  But for me PDFs are still able to be found and searched with google.  But the fact that NI is doing this makes me think the PDFs won't be available forever.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,531 Views)

Hi BowenM,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm passing this information along to our Product teams.

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,528 Views)

Thanks for the feedback.  In regards to the availability and accessibility of PDF manuals, we are working to resolve several issues and points of feedback around them, and to ensure they are easily found.

I'm not sure which product you were looking for, but most have PDF manuals available at: http://www.ni.com/manuals/

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,520 Views)

Regarding the issue you're seeing in NI Package Manager, I believe that was fixed in 18.0.2. Try upgrading to the latest version of NIPM (the banner at the top of the window in your screenshot or from the Updates tab). If you still see the issue, definitely let me know. Thanks.

Aaron Peña

Product Owner, Package Management

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,476 Views)