From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can type in Beneese

Solved!
Go to solution

Capture.PNG

Apparently, the spell checker thinks I am in Mexico so... English spelling is flagged for spelling.  I did select "United States" 

Lili, This is really annoying! 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,612 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JÞB

Hi Jeff,

The spellchecker within the community's rich text field is controlled by your browser. You will want to check your browser settings to ensure it is set to English.

spellcheck.png

Just right click in the text editor field and you should see the spellcheck settings.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 8
(3,594 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

Hi Jeff,

The spellchecker within the community's rich text field is controlled by your browser. You will want to check your browser settings to ensure it is set to English.

spellcheck.png

Just right click in the text editor field and you should see the spellcheck settings.

Thanks,

Lili

Could you highlight that en espaniole?  Muchas Gracias SenoritaCapture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,586 Views)

Sorry, Jeff -- not sure what you are asking. Can you clarify?

~~~~~~~~~
Message 4 of 8
(3,582 Views)

I can't read Spanish so I could not change the setting.

What is Spellcheck in Spanish?

It's a moot point now I am back in the good old USA.  Good information though. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,567 Views)

What a pity that this option is not site-oriented!

Non-English speakers need to change this settings every time they post here and then on native-language sites. Smiley Frustrated

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,544 Views)

@RobertoBozzolo wrote:

What a pity that this option is not site-oriented!

Non-English speakers need to change this settings every time they post here and then on native-language sites. Smiley Frustrated

And I had assumed that it was  site oriented and could not read the browser preferences language Right click menu options.  

Sea story

In the late 1990s I was in China. And needed to go to an internet cafe to download the "next fix attempt" of fw to reprogram an EEPROM the next morning.   I required exact hotkeys from the fw developer to get the code and proof that they worked.  (This was long before Jing on Windows 3.1)

My boss at that time actually reconfigured a pc localized in Chineesr and made a coworker validate the process.

Thanks Ken!

End sea story

But.... Lili, what does the language preference on MyNI profile control?

From  A UX standpoint, it should not matter at all where Jeff B logs into the forums.  You know from my profile that I prefer English....you could ask what other languages I can read and write.. Spanish is not on that list and, I don't have a crylic keyboard handy.

But, I have mentioned my language preference and it is known.... and ignored! Leading to silly mornings like that explained in my post.

Food for thought.  If you ask, pretend you remember the answer.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,531 Views)

If you change your locale from the dropdown menu at the top left of the page, it will localize the content found on ni.com. For some of the options, it will also change your language on the community -- if it is a supported language here. For example, if you're on ni.com and change your locale to Espana, then when signing into the community you will see some of the elements on the community pages translated into Spanish. (You can change your community language in the User Preferences.)

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,511 Views)