Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did I get subscribed to this topic?

Solved!
Go to solution

I did not reply to this topic, nor have I been anyplace that I even could subscribe. Yet at 3:50 AM this morning I started receiving notifications for this topic.

subscribCapture.PNG

One would imagine that a new topic started ‎02-06-2018 02:48 AM that I subscribed to this morning would be right at the top of my subscribed list...

subsCapture.PNG

But it's not even on my list of subscribed topics.

Now how do I unsubscribe to a topic that is not in my list of subscribed topics

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,211 Views)

Hi RTSLVU,

The topic was originally created in 2016 and you replied at that time which would have subscribed you to it.

See your post here: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Can-Bus-Baud-rate-change-after-initialise/m-p/3324298#M974673

You can unsubscribe by going to the topic linked above, clicking on Topic Options, then selecting Unsubscribe.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,207 Views)

wrote:

Hi RTSLVU,

The topic was originally created in 2016 and you replied at that time which would have subscribed you to it.

See your post here: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Can-Bus-Baud-rate-change-after-initialise/m-p/3324298#M974673

Thanks,

Lili

Oh, how did you get it to go back that far? I could only go as far back as the posts from this morning? 

Anyway this brings up my post here about LOCKING OLD THREADS

Why don't you lock these old threads to avoid this kind of confusion?

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,201 Views)
Oh, how did you get it to go back that far? I could only go as far back as the posts from this morning? 

Are you referring to your My Subscriptions page? There are page numbers available on the top or bottom right of the page.

pagenumbers.png

I just searched for the topic in the community though and then saw your post in it. You could also click through from the email to see if you are subscribed to the topic by checking the Topic Options dropdown menu.

Anyway this brings up my post here about LOCKING OLD THREADS

Why don't you lock these old threads to avoid this kind of confusion?

The latest feedback we received in the topic you linked to is not to lock the topics but rather to discourage users from replying. Regardless, this would require a customization to our current system and we are tracking this enhancement in our backlog.

If you would like to provide more feedback on locking vs discouraging users, please join the conversation in the topic.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,178 Views)

wrote:

Are you referring to your My Subscriptions page? There are page numbers available on the top or bottom right of the page.

pagenumbers.pngI just searched for the topic in the community though and then saw your post in it. You could also click through from the email to see if you are subscribed to the topic by checking the Topic Options dropdown menu

I was referring to the topic itself, when I follow the link from the notification email I only see the most recent posts and can not find my post at all.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/change-Can-Bus-Baud-rate-after-run-the-program-after-initialize/m-p...

As you can see the post from 2:51AM this morning looks like the very first post in the topic.

1postCapture.PNG

Normally if a thread spans more than one "page" there is a selector at the top below the Topic Options like this...

2postCapture.PNG

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,171 Views)

I checked the logs and it appears that the topic you linked to above was separated out from the old topic that you previously replied to. When we move topics, we have the option to update a user's subscription (keep the old subscription, move to new topic, etc). So I assume the person who moved the topic selected to keep you subscribed to both topics.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,167 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RTSLVU

wrote:

I checked the logs and it appears that the topic you linked to above was separated out from the old topic that you previously replied to. When we move topics, we have the option to update a user's subscription (keep the old subscription, move to new topic, etc). So I assume the person who moved the topic selected to keep you subscribed to both topics.

gallery_6715_90_4515

Which leads me back to my request to Lock Old Threads to eliminate this confusion. 

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,163 Views)