From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help logging in!

Hi there,

How can I log in to these forums???

If I click the sign-in link, it asks for an alias, and if I enter my old alias it says this is already taken (i.e. it thinks I am trying to register it)

What am I doing wrong?

The whole trouble started when I changed jobs, and have started using a different PC (so its something screwey with the cookies no doubt)

any advice
cheers
nrp
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,324 Views)

I am going to assume you need to change your e-mail address on your NI.com profile.  If not, this process should fix your issue regardless.

Go to:  http://www.ni.com/profile/

Click "Login/Logout"

Whether you were logged in before or not, a screen will come up with a place to login.  Login with your old e-mail address (this is what is linked to your alias that you already have).

If you need to change your e-mail address, click "Modify Profile" after you log in.

Otherwise, come back to the forums and you should be logged in and ready to go with your old alias.

You are correct about the cookies.  On your old computer, the cookies knew who you were so you could always click "Sign In" on the forums and it would seamlessly log you in.  On the new computer, the cookies aren't there, or if they are, they are cookies for the new profile you created (nrp2006).

The process above should get you logged in with your seasoned alias.

Please let us know if this works or not.

Message 2 of 9
(6,319 Views)
Hi Nick,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I think this method would probably work; if I could only remember my password Smiley Sad  I guess since I can't remember that the only other way is to verify my account by sending an email to the email address with which the account is registered, i.e. my old work email address...oh dear....

any suggestions to work around this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,317 Views)
You've already done the workaround . . . create a new profile

If you don't have access to that old e-mail address there isn't anything we can do.  Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 9
(6,313 Views)
Hi Nick

OK, so I managed to get my old password, and have successfully logged in with my old email address.

BUT, now I can't update the email address as I have previously created a new profile with my new email address! Is there a way for me to delete my new profile???

regards
neil

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,277 Views)

Good job getting the old e-mail address!
     I'll see what I can do about deleting the new profile.  In the meantime, so you can use your old profile immediately, you could change the e-mail address on your new profile to something else, then change the old profile to the new e-mail address. 

Message 6 of 9
(6,274 Views)
Great thats done!

Thanks for your help Nick Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,268 Views)
No problem.  It looks like deleting the new profile is more trouble than it's worth if you got the old one up working again.
Message 8 of 9
(6,233 Views)
I agree; we can just leave the new (redundant) profile.

I will be more careful in future!

Again, thanks for your help. Thread happily closed! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,229 Views)